- 18 hrs ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 1 day ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 2 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Rubina Dilaik, Raveena Tandon, And Other Divas In Their Gorgeous Ethnic Suits
- News Amit Shah's J&K visit was necessary in aftermath of recent killings: Farooq Abdullah
- Sports Brighton and Hove Albion 1-4 Manchester City: Two-goal Foden inspires Guardiola's side
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Reveals Kurup Release Date, Pens A Heartfelt Note
- Technology Redmi Note 11 Series Official Teaser Confirms 120Hz AMOLED Display; Pricing Details Also Leaked
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Finance HDFC Securities Gives Buy On A PSU Bank And Infra Stock
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
Force Motors confirms the India launch of the Gurkha 5-Door. The SUV is expected to introduce after the launch of the long-awaited 3-door. The Gurkha BS6 is expected to arrive in the coming months.
No other details of the five-door model are revealed. We reckon that most of the exterior design, interiors upgrades and engine will be carried over from the three-door SUV.
Engine, Transmission & 4WD
Starting with the powertrain under the hood, the upcoming Gurkha BS6 will come with a 2.6-litre diesel four-cylinder engine; paired to a standard five-speed gearbox. This produces a maximum of 90bhp and a peak torque 200Nm.
As it is a hard-core off-road vehicle, power will be sent to all four wheels using a transfer case. The SUV will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-ratio gearbox to tackle difficult terrains. The SUV will continue to feature a factory-fitted snorkel air-intake as well.
The same engine and transmission are expected to be carried over to the 5-door model. Whether the 4WD and the locking differentials will make it to the five-door model remains to be seen.
Force Motors has made several exterior design changes to the upcoming Gurkha BS6 including an all-new front facia. This includes a reworked grille, new headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and a new front bumper design. Other changes to SUV include:
- Boxy silhouette & rugged stance
- All-around body cladding
- Revised taillamps
- Tailgate mounted spare tyre
- Reworked rear bumper
- Protective scuff plates
Interior & Features Update
The new Gurkha has changed from the inside as well. The off-roader will be receiving a new touchscreen infotainment system that will be placed at the centre of the dashboard. Other interior changes include:
- New instrument cluster with a MID display
- Two analogue dials
- Individual seats in the second row
- Circular air vents
- Climate control
- Mobile charging ports
The BS6 Gurkha will continue to feature the same seating layout with four forward-facing seats in the first and second row. Two more seats facing each other are present in the SUV's boot. All the interior and exterior features mentioned above are likely to carry forward on the five-door model as well.
Thoughts About The Force Gurkha BS6 5-Door Variant India Launch
The Gurkha BS6 three-door is expected to launch in a couple of months. However, the company might have decided to follow up with a five-door model, which will make a case for practical use other than a recreational vehicle. However, the Gurkha 5-door will be joined by the 5-door Mahindra Thar and the 5-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny, which are also in development specifically for the Indian market.