- 52 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir: Amit Shah speaks to Lieutenant Governor to take stock of situation
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Force Motors confirms the India launch of the Gurkha 5-Door. The SUV is expected to introduce after the launch of the long-awaited 3-door. The Gurkha BS6 is expected to arrive in the coming months.
No other details of the five-door model are revealed. We reckon that most of the exterior design, interiors upgrades and engine will be carried over from the three-door SUV.
Engine, Transmission & 4WD
Starting with the powertrain under the hood, the upcoming Gurkha BS6 will come with a 2.6-litre diesel four-cylinder engine; paired to a standard five-speed gearbox. This produces a maximum of 90bhp and a peak torque 200Nm.
As it is a hard-core off-road vehicle, power will be sent to all four wheels using a transfer case. The SUV will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-ratio gearbox to tackle difficult terrains. The SUV will continue to feature a factory-fitted snorkel air-intake as well.
The same engine and transmission are expected to be carried over to the 5-door model. Whether the 4WD and the locking differentials will make it to the five-door model remains to be seen.
Force Motors has made several exterior design changes to the upcoming Gurkha BS6 including an all-new front facia. This includes a reworked grille, new headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and a new front bumper design. Other changes to SUV include:
- Boxy silhouette & rugged stance
- All-around body cladding
- Revised taillamps
- Tailgate mounted spare tyre
- Reworked rear bumper
- Protective scuff plates
Interior & Features Update
The new Gurkha has changed from the inside as well. The off-roader will be receiving a new touchscreen infotainment system that will be placed at the centre of the dashboard. Other interior changes include:
- New instrument cluster with a MID display
- Two analogue dials
- Individual seats in the second row
- Circular air vents
- Climate control
- Mobile charging ports
The BS6 Gurkha will continue to feature the same seating layout with four forward-facing seats in the first and second row. Two more seats facing each other are present in the SUV's boot. All the interior and exterior features mentioned above are likely to carry forward on the five-door model as well.
Thoughts About The Force Gurkha BS6 5-Door Variant India Launch
The Gurkha BS6 three-door is expected to launch in a couple of months. However, the company might have decided to follow up with a five-door model, which will make a case for practical use other than a recreational vehicle. However, the Gurkha 5-door will be joined by the 5-door Mahindra Thar and the 5-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny, which are also in development specifically for the Indian market.