- 5 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Technology Redmi Note 11, Note 11 Pro, And Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Officially Unveiled; Price, Expected India Launch Date
- Movies Meet Actress Nisha Rawal Tests Positive For COVID-19; Requests Fans To Take Precautions
- News Rajinikanth admitted to Chennai hospital for ‘routine check-up’
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Sports Narender enters pre-quarters at the 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Education Deepawali 2021: Essay On Diwali - The Festival Of Lights For Students
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Fisker Inc and Foxconn Technology Group have joined hands to co-develop and manufacture an EV for the mass market. This new EV project is the result of Project PEAR (Personal Electric Automotive Evolution) jointly established by both brands.
This new proposed EV under the Project PEAR will be one of the most affordable EVs in the American market with a starting price of under $30,000 (Rs 21.91 lakh). In addition to this, the government will offer subsidies and financial benefits.
The proposed EV will be sold under the Fisker brand and is most likely to go on sale in North America, Europe, India and China. Both Fisker and Foxconn have planned to start the production of their new affordable range of electric cars from the fourth quarter of 2023.
To move in accordance with the plan, the duo has been looking for a suitable manufacturing facility within the United States. However, we believe that Fisker may even set up a manufacturing facility in India for reduced overall production costs.
In this joint venture, we assume that Fisker will be taking care of the design of the vehicle. The Fisker Karma is one of the best-looking electric vehicles even though it was launched way back in 2012. The electronics suite and most of the manufacturing might be taken care of by Foxconn, as they are the world's third-largest electronics manufacturing services company.
Thoughts On Fisker-Foxconn Electric Vehicle Partnership
The announcement of two big brands entering a joint venture to create EVs is a clear sign of the huge potential for EVs in the future. It is also to be noted that no tech company wants to be left behind in this race to conquer the budding market.