- 2 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 19 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- News Gujarat: Mild tremor in Kutch, no casualty
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Bentley is gearing up to reveal its first-ever EV in 2025. Bentley has committed itself to phase out internal combustion engines completely to become an EV-only luxury car brand. The launch of an all-new electric SUV from Bentley will also lay the foundation for the brand's transition to becoming a complete luxury-EV manufacturer.
Bentley has joined hands with Audi once again to develop the fully electric SUV in question. The new electric SUV from Bentley will make use of Volkswagen's Artemis Platform. However, Bentley states that they still have some concerns regarding the weight of the vehicle, as electric vehicles tend to be significantly heavier than their conventionally powered siblings.
However, the brand is positive about the rapid advancements in EV technology, which may pave the way for lighter EVs with better aerodynamics. As a stepping stone, Bentley is also developing plug-in Hybrid versions of the Flying Spur and Continental GT.
Sources indicate that these latest plug-in hybrid models of the Flying Spur and Continental GT are in the final stages of development and will hit the showrooms before 2022. As most brands under the Volkswagen roof had decided to take the EV-route, it is not a surprising decision from Bentley to follow a similar path.
This bold move from Bentley not only solidifies the future of automobiles as EVs, but it also delivers reassurance to smaller manufacturers and even the masses.
Thoughts On Bentley Becoming An EV Luxury Car Brand
The decision from Bentley is an example for other automobile manufacturers to take a bold decision and commit themselves to build future proof cars. EVs are definitely the future, and Bentley's decision has just reaffirmed it.