- 3 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 18 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 19 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Bentley is gearing up to reveal its first-ever EV in 2025. Bentley has committed itself to phase out internal combustion engines completely to become an EV-only luxury car brand. The launch of an all-new electric SUV from Bentley will also lay the foundation for the brand's transition to becoming a complete luxury-EV manufacturer.
Bentley has joined hands with Audi once again to develop the fully electric SUV in question. The new electric SUV from Bentley will make use of Volkswagen's Artemis Platform. However, Bentley states that they still have some concerns regarding the weight of the vehicle, as electric vehicles tend to be significantly heavier than their conventionally powered siblings.
However, the brand is positive about the rapid advancements in EV technology, which may pave the way for lighter EVs with better aerodynamics. As a stepping stone, Bentley is also developing plug-in Hybrid versions of the Flying Spur and Continental GT.
Sources indicate that these latest plug-in hybrid models of the Flying Spur and Continental GT are in the final stages of development and will hit the showrooms before 2022. As most brands under the Volkswagen roof had decided to take the EV-route, it is not a surprising decision from Bentley to follow a similar path.
This bold move from Bentley not only solidifies the future of automobiles as EVs, but it also delivers reassurance to smaller manufacturers and even the masses.
Thoughts On Bentley Becoming An EV Luxury Car Brand
The decision from Bentley is an example for other automobile manufacturers to take a bold decision and commit themselves to build future proof cars. EVs are definitely the future, and Bentley's decision has just reaffirmed it.