- 1 day ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- Sports BCCI to have new CEO, Hemang Amin can apply too
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 August 1 Highlights: Sourabh Raj Jain Gets Eliminated From The Rohit Shetty Show
- News What is e-RUPI, a one-stop digital solution? How does it work?
- Technology Redmi 9C Gets A New Variant With Higher 4GB RAM, 128GB Storage; Is It Launching In India?
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 3 Banking Stocks With An Upside Target Of Up to 30%
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Bangalore-based electric two-wheeler manufacture, Ather Energy has started its operations in Delhi by delivering its first electric scooter. The first Ather 450X electric scooter has been delivered to Dr Pawan Munjal (Chairman and CEO, Hero MotoCorp).
The scooter was handed over to the Chairman by Mr Tarun Mehta, Co-founder and CEO of Ather Energy. The electric scooter handed over is of the 450X Series 1 collectors edition that sports a red & black paint scheme.
Hero MotoCorp is one of the major investors for the electric scooter brand and currently owns 35 per cent of shareholdings in Ather Energy. Hero MotoCorp has been a part of Ather's growth story since 2016 when they first invested as a part of Series B.
Handing over the scooter to Dr Munjal, Tarun said, "We have launched the Ather 450X across markets in the past few months and are now delighted to begin our retail operations in New Delhi. To kick-start this phase, we are happy to deliver the first vehicle in Delhi to Dr Pawan Munjal.
Not only has Dr Munjal instilled confidence in Ather as one of our key investors but he also has been a mentor to me and Swapnil personally over the years. This is an extremely proud moment for us."
Dr Pawan Munjal, said, "I am truly delighted to receive Ather 450X Scooter from Tarun. Sustainability and clean energy remain at the core of Hero MotoCorp's vision - 'Be the Future of Mobility. I congratulate Tarun, Swapnil and the entire team for developing this technologically-advanced and connected vehicle for customers in the country."
In addition to the commencement of deliveries in Delhi, the company has also released a new OTA update for the scooter and its smartphone mobile application. With the new update, the Ather 450X users can now control their music and calls via Bluetooth.
Called the Atherstack Atom, it is the brand 13th (OTA) Over The Air update from the brand. The Bluetooth based Music & Call feature allows Ather 450X owners to safely pair the scooter's 7- inch touchscreen dashboard with their smartphones.
This allows the rider to view and control music and phone calls through the touchscreen instrument cluster. Also, the cluster will display all information about the music. This includes album art, the name of the song, and the artist.
The rider can control the music playback such as switching between tracks or play/pause the current track only when stationary. The feature is supported on all popular music streaming service as well.
The rider can also choose to accept/reject the incoming call on the touchscreen dashboard. However, for the rider's safety, a combination of the physical switches on the scooter can be used while riding to control the feature.
Along with the OTA updates to the scooter, the company has also pushed a new version of its mobile application. The new smartphone mobile application has been built from scratch to provide users with a clean, intuitive interface to interact with their scooter.
Apart from the above-mentioned updates, the latest OTA update also includes improvements made to the auto-cut off indicators on the electric scooter. Customers now have the option to turn off the auto indicator cut-off feature completely.
Speaking about the OTA updates, Tarun Mehta added, "We are happy to finally update the Bluetooth® based Music & Call feature on our flagship model. With the Atherstack Atom update, we aimed at simplifying a user's ride experience, improving convenience, and removing all mental overheads when a phone rings while also being safe. We hope that every Ather 450X owner will love the experience just like we did.
Every Ather 450X delivered to date will automatically download the OTA, while the new deliveries will have the feature built-in. Our team is also working on adding more smart and connected accessories so Ather owners can have a fully integrated system."
Thoughts About The First Ather Electric Scooter Delivered In Delhi To Dr Pawan Munjal
Ather Energy is expanding its production and sales operations aggressively in the country. The company has seen exceptional growth in demand for the premium electric scooter offering. With constant OTA updates, the company is also making its offering better even after it is purchased by the customers adding to the pleasant ownership experience.