- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 11 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 11 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- News The bell has rung, Nadda tells Mamata Banerjee
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Skoda India has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in the Indian market. The first unit of the new Skoda Octavia sedan has rolled out from the production line at the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
Zac Hollins, Director for Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India announced the momentous occasion on Twitter. He also announced that the fourth-generation Octavia will be launched later this month in the Indian market.
Ahead of its launch, the 2021 Octavia has been spotted testing several times across the country. Also, the new-gen sedan is already on sale in various international markets. This has led to the revealing of some of the features and design changes expected on the 2021 Octavia.
Starting with the front fascia, it now features a sleeker design as compared to its BS4 counterpart. The butterfly grille is now wider and sharper as compared to the old-gen model. The front bumper design is also changed and now houses a wider air dam along with horizontal LED fog lamps placed on either side with a thin chrome strip connecting both units.
2021 Octavia features sleek-looking LED headlamps and could come equipped with the brand's Matrix LED technology as an option. The side of the sedan features a chrome-finished window line with a more sharp-looking silhouette and a unique alloy wheel design.
At the rear, the new 2021 Octavia features a new sharper-looking boot lid. The new bold Skoda lettering spreads across the length of the boot. The sedan also receives a new alloy wheel design.
On the inside, the 2021 Octavia will feature an all-new cabin layout with the brand's latest features and technology. This includes the new two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls for audio and other functions.
The new instrument cluster now features a 10.25-inch display featuring the brand's cockpit design. The sedan also features another 10.25-inch screen for the touchscreen infotainment display.
Some of the other features on the 2021 Ocativa include three-zone climate control, electronic parking brake, a premium sound system by Canton, five USB-C ports, and an optional head-up display feature; among others.
The Skoda Octavia will also feature mechanical changes including the powertrain. The upcoming sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines.
The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Zac Hollis said, "The ŠKODA OCTAVIA has always offered a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors, class-leading safety, and intelligent connectivity features, and the all-new iteration pushes the yardstick further. A twenty-year run, and about a hundred thousand satisfied customers, is a testament to its strong equity among discerning car buyers in a dynamically evolving automotive market like India."
He further added, "With the commencement of production, we also commit to a stronger product portfolio as we look to grow our presence in India. In line with our laser-sharp focus on customer centricity, we are also rapidly growing our network presence and have introduced several initiatives to ensure an unmatched ownership experience."
Thoughts About The First 2021 Skoda Octavia Rolls Out Of Production In India
Skoda is gearing up to launch a couple of models in the Indian market. The company will be giving the Octavia sedan, a much-needed generation update with an all-new design, features and powertrain under the bonnet.