- 19 hrs ago Tork Kratos & Kratos R Electric Motorcycles Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.07 Lakh
- 23 hrs ago Five Things To Know About The Kia Carens: Design, Powertrain & More
- 1 day ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 1 day ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- Sports AFCON 2021: Egypt shoots out Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea sends Mali packing
- News Delhi schools to reopen soon? DDMA decision today
- Technology Amazon Accessories Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Data Cards, Hard disk, Mouse, And More
- Movies Melody Song Of The Year From Mahesh Babu’s Sarkaru Vaari Paata Will Be Out On February 14
- Lifestyle Padma Awards 2022 Winners: Complete List Of Recipients Of The Prestigious Government Honour
- Finance Motilal Oswal Recommends To Buy This Technology Stock For 29% Return
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Skoda India has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in the Indian market. The first unit of the new Skoda Octavia sedan has rolled out from the production line at the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
Zac Hollins, Director for Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India announced the momentous occasion on Twitter. He also announced that the fourth-generation Octavia will be launched later this month in the Indian market.
Ahead of its launch, the 2021 Octavia has been spotted testing several times across the country. Also, the new-gen sedan is already on sale in various international markets. This has led to the revealing of some of the features and design changes expected on the 2021 Octavia.
Starting with the front fascia, it now features a sleeker design as compared to its BS4 counterpart. The butterfly grille is now wider and sharper as compared to the old-gen model. The front bumper design is also changed and now houses a wider air dam along with horizontal LED fog lamps placed on either side with a thin chrome strip connecting both units.
2021 Octavia features sleek-looking LED headlamps and could come equipped with the brand's Matrix LED technology as an option. The side of the sedan features a chrome-finished window line with a more sharp-looking silhouette and a unique alloy wheel design.
At the rear, the new 2021 Octavia features a new sharper-looking boot lid. The new bold Skoda lettering spreads across the length of the boot. The sedan also receives a new alloy wheel design.
On the inside, the 2021 Octavia will feature an all-new cabin layout with the brand's latest features and technology. This includes the new two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls for audio and other functions.
The new instrument cluster now features a 10.25-inch display featuring the brand's cockpit design. The sedan also features another 10.25-inch screen for the touchscreen infotainment display.
Some of the other features on the 2021 Ocativa include three-zone climate control, electronic parking brake, a premium sound system by Canton, five USB-C ports, and an optional head-up display feature; among others.
The Skoda Octavia will also feature mechanical changes including the powertrain. The upcoming sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines.
The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Zac Hollis said, "The ŠKODA OCTAVIA has always offered a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors, class-leading safety, and intelligent connectivity features, and the all-new iteration pushes the yardstick further. A twenty-year run, and about a hundred thousand satisfied customers, is a testament to its strong equity among discerning car buyers in a dynamically evolving automotive market like India."
He further added, "With the commencement of production, we also commit to a stronger product portfolio as we look to grow our presence in India. In line with our laser-sharp focus on customer centricity, we are also rapidly growing our network presence and have introduced several initiatives to ensure an unmatched ownership experience."
Thoughts About The First 2021 Skoda Octavia Rolls Out Of Production In India
Skoda is gearing up to launch a couple of models in the Indian market. The company will be giving the Octavia sedan, a much-needed generation update with an all-new design, features and powertrain under the bonnet.