- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- Technology OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition Bold Black Color Option Launched: Where To Buy?
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Sports Curry's Warriors take down NBA-leading Jazz, Westbrook enters record books
- News NASA's Osiris-Rex spacecraft begins 2-year trip home with asteroid rubble
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
FCA has announced that they will be expanding the local product lineup in the Indian market. The company has also confirmed that an investment of over $250 million has been committed towards the production of four new Jeep SUVs. The all-new local vehicle line-up includes the 2021 made-in-India Jeep Compass, a locally produced and global-first three-row Jeep SUV.
Along with this, the company also plans to introduce the iconic Jeep Wrangler and the next-generation Grand Cherokee, which is their flagship model. Both vehicles will be locally assembled under FCA's joint venture manufacturing facility in Ranjangaon. The four new products are expected to hit the Indian roads by the end of 2022.
Commenting on today's announcement, FCA India Managing Director, Partha Datta said, "Our new investment of $250 million will give us a competitive edge in multiple segments with our new Jeep SUVs rolling out of Ranjangaon. This investment is in addition to $450 million we have already committed to our Indian operations over the past five years. We are delighted to announce our exciting new products, coupled with our continued commitment to India in Jeep brand's 80th anniversary year."
The 2021 Jeep Compass is set to be unveiled in India on January 7, 2021, and production has already commenced. The luxury seven-seat mid-size Jeep, codenamed H6, will be launched in 2022. FCA recently announced its footprint expansion in India with investment in a Global Digital Centre in Hyderabad.
"We are determined to increase locally-made componentry in our vehicles which are produced in our joint venture manufacturing facility. Our plans in India are aimed at increasing the value proposition for customers through our products and services, working hard on customer satisfaction and unlocking business opportunities for our business partners," Dutta further added.
Thoughts About FCA India Expanding Its Local Product Lineup
With this expansion of the local product line-up, FCA plans to aim and create new employment opportunities with new facility development in the country. These new technologies will be featured on products introduced on a global scale.