- 10 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 20 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 22 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Movies Dilpreet Singh Aka Dilpreetvfx Createda Niche For Himself In Media And Entertainment Zone
- News International flights connecting Srinagar directly with rest of world to resume from 23 Oct
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy As Suggested By Motilal Oswal For Long-term Investors
- Sports Cricket fraternity mourns Bandula Warnapura's demise
- Technology Tagg Verve Plus Review: A Smartwatch For The Health-Conscious
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
FCA has announced that they will be expanding the local product lineup in the Indian market. The company has also confirmed that an investment of over $250 million has been committed towards the production of four new Jeep SUVs. The all-new local vehicle line-up includes the 2021 made-in-India Jeep Compass, a locally produced and global-first three-row Jeep SUV.
Along with this, the company also plans to introduce the iconic Jeep Wrangler and the next-generation Grand Cherokee, which is their flagship model. Both vehicles will be locally assembled under FCA's joint venture manufacturing facility in Ranjangaon. The four new products are expected to hit the Indian roads by the end of 2022.
Commenting on today's announcement, FCA India Managing Director, Partha Datta said, "Our new investment of $250 million will give us a competitive edge in multiple segments with our new Jeep SUVs rolling out of Ranjangaon. This investment is in addition to $450 million we have already committed to our Indian operations over the past five years. We are delighted to announce our exciting new products, coupled with our continued commitment to India in Jeep brand's 80th anniversary year."
The 2021 Jeep Compass is set to be unveiled in India on January 7, 2021, and production has already commenced. The luxury seven-seat mid-size Jeep, codenamed H6, will be launched in 2022. FCA recently announced its footprint expansion in India with investment in a Global Digital Centre in Hyderabad.
"We are determined to increase locally-made componentry in our vehicles which are produced in our joint venture manufacturing facility. Our plans in India are aimed at increasing the value proposition for customers through our products and services, working hard on customer satisfaction and unlocking business opportunities for our business partners," Dutta further added.
Thoughts About FCA India Expanding Its Local Product Lineup
With this expansion of the local product line-up, FCA plans to aim and create new employment opportunities with new facility development in the country. These new technologies will be featured on products introduced on a global scale.