- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 19 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- News Sourav Ganguly unwell, taken to Apollo Hospital in Kolkata
- Technology Dixon To Manufacture Nokia Smartphones In India
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Nikki Tamboli Accuses Vikas Gupta Of Kissing Girls, Devoleena Bhattacharjee Reacts; Watch Promo
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Finance 6 Factors That Led To Over 700 Points Losses On Sensex
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
FCA has announced that they will be expanding the local product lineup in the Indian market. The company has also confirmed that an investment of over $250 million has been committed towards the production of four new Jeep SUVs. The all-new local vehicle line-up includes the 2021 made-in-India Jeep Compass, a locally produced and global-first three-row Jeep SUV.
Along with this, the company also plans to introduce the iconic Jeep Wrangler and the next-generation Grand Cherokee, which is their flagship model. Both vehicles will be locally assembled under FCA's joint venture manufacturing facility in Ranjangaon. The four new products are expected to hit the Indian roads by the end of 2022.
Commenting on today's announcement, FCA India Managing Director, Partha Datta said, "Our new investment of $250 million will give us a competitive edge in multiple segments with our new Jeep SUVs rolling out of Ranjangaon. This investment is in addition to $450 million we have already committed to our Indian operations over the past five years. We are delighted to announce our exciting new products, coupled with our continued commitment to India in Jeep brand's 80th anniversary year."
The 2021 Jeep Compass is set to be unveiled in India on January 7, 2021, and production has already commenced. The luxury seven-seat mid-size Jeep, codenamed H6, will be launched in 2022. FCA recently announced its footprint expansion in India with investment in a Global Digital Centre in Hyderabad.
"We are determined to increase locally-made componentry in our vehicles which are produced in our joint venture manufacturing facility. Our plans in India are aimed at increasing the value proposition for customers through our products and services, working hard on customer satisfaction and unlocking business opportunities for our business partners," Dutta further added.
Thoughts About FCA India Expanding Its Local Product Lineup
With this expansion of the local product line-up, FCA plans to aim and create new employment opportunities with new facility development in the country. These new technologies will be featured on products introduced on a global scale.