- 1 hr ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Motorcycle Prototype Ready; Launch Delayed Due To COVID-19
- News West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee meets Congress President Sonia Gandhi amid Opposition unity move
- Finance HDFC Bank Offers Senior Citizens Up To 6.25% Returns On FD: Check Current Rates Here
- Movies Venkatesh’s Makeup Man Opens Up About Arjun Daggubati’s Debut!
- Technology Huawei P50 Pro 4G Complete Specifications Revealed; Most Powerful Camera Phone?
- Education Kerala Plus Two Result School Wise And District Wise Pass Percentage
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Badminton; Sai Praneeth's campaign ends
- Lifestyle Brown Jacket Dress Or Lime Green Bodycon Dress, Which Dress Of Kriti Sanon Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Delhi government has given its approval for the single window process on EV charger installation. With this, any private or semi-public properties can easily install an EV charger within their premises.
Even though the government and some responsible citizens are doing their best to reduce air pollution in Delhi, it almost seems like the pollution has the overall upper hand in this struggle.
However, the nation's capital has set some new trends in the automotive industry with many people showing interest in EVs.
There are 9,000 electric vehicles currently registered in Delhi. This list includes registered electric cars, electric two-wheelers, and e-auto rickshaws. Apart from this, there are around 60,000 unregulated electric rickshaws operating in the Delhi-NCR.
For a city with so many EVs, there are just 77 fully-functioning EV charging stations around the city. These numbers translate to just 1 EV charging station for every 117 registered EVs in the city. The numbers quickly go out of hand once we factor in the e-rickshaws. It is just one EV charging station for every 896 electric vehicles.
These numbers are definitely worrisome. In order to tackle this, the Delhi government has approved the single-window process for EV charger installation. This newly initiated process will help the EV installer acquire and get approval on all documents related to the installation of the EV charger in an easier manner.
With this, Delhi also becomes the first state in India to ease the process of getting permission for EV installation. The decision comes after numerous apartment owners, individual house owners, schools, business entities approached the Delhi government seeking permission to install an electric vehicle charger.
The government of Delhi issued a statement that said, "In line with the vision set by CM Arvind Kejriwal of making Delhi the EV capital of India, Delhi will soon be the only city in the world where anyone can get an EV charger installed, net of Delhi government subsidy, by making a single phone call or applying online."
Thoughts On Application Process For EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becoming Easier
This a welcome initiative by the Government of Delhi, as the initiative will not only promote the sales of EVs around the city, but it will also set an example to other Indian cities with a growing EV segment. Delhi has certainly set an example for other cities when it comes to EV adoption.