- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance Now Conduct Debit Card Services At New Micro ATMs of This Bank: Here’s How
- Movies Katrina Kaif Reviews Sardar Udham, Praises Rumoured Boyfriend Vicky Kaushal As 'Pure Talent'
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2021: Oman vs PNG preview
- News Congress president election to be held between Aug 21 and Sept 20 next year: Party announces after CWC meeting
- Technology Honor Band 6 Selling At Just Rs. 2,499 At Flipkart: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Sooryavanshi: All Set For Promotions, Katrina Kaif Looks Like A Dream In Her Floral Lehenga
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
The Delhi government has given its approval for the single window process on EV charger installation. With this, any private or semi-public properties can easily install an EV charger within their premises.
Even though the government and some responsible citizens are doing their best to reduce air pollution in Delhi, it almost seems like the pollution has the overall upper hand in this struggle.
However, the nation's capital has set some new trends in the automotive industry with many people showing interest in EVs.
There are 9,000 electric vehicles currently registered in Delhi. This list includes registered electric cars, electric two-wheelers, and e-auto rickshaws. Apart from this, there are around 60,000 unregulated electric rickshaws operating in the Delhi-NCR.
For a city with so many EVs, there are just 77 fully-functioning EV charging stations around the city. These numbers translate to just 1 EV charging station for every 117 registered EVs in the city. The numbers quickly go out of hand once we factor in the e-rickshaws. It is just one EV charging station for every 896 electric vehicles.
These numbers are definitely worrisome. In order to tackle this, the Delhi government has approved the single-window process for EV charger installation. This newly initiated process will help the EV installer acquire and get approval on all documents related to the installation of the EV charger in an easier manner.
With this, Delhi also becomes the first state in India to ease the process of getting permission for EV installation. The decision comes after numerous apartment owners, individual house owners, schools, business entities approached the Delhi government seeking permission to install an electric vehicle charger.
The government of Delhi issued a statement that said, "In line with the vision set by CM Arvind Kejriwal of making Delhi the EV capital of India, Delhi will soon be the only city in the world where anyone can get an EV charger installed, net of Delhi government subsidy, by making a single phone call or applying online."
Thoughts On Application Process For EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becoming Easier
This a welcome initiative by the Government of Delhi, as the initiative will not only promote the sales of EVs around the city, but it will also set an example to other Indian cities with a growing EV segment. Delhi has certainly set an example for other cities when it comes to EV adoption.