- 1 hr ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- News BJP blames 'politics of appeasement' for increase in COVID-19 cases in Kerala
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Women's 25M Pistol precision events on July 29; list of Indian shooters, timings, format
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has extended the validity of important vehicle documents like Registration Certificate (RC), Driving License (DL) till September 30, 2021.
The decision to extend the validity of these important documents were announced via MoRTH's official Twitter account. This comes as a blessing to many vehicle owners, especially those who are in the commercial sector.
The two official tweets read "Taking into consideration the need to prevent the spread of Covid-19, MoRTH has advised the enforcement authorities that the validity of fitness, permit (all types), licence, registration or any other concerned document(s) may be treated to be valid till September 30, 2021."
"This covers all documents whose validity has expired since February 1, 2020, or would expire by September 30, 2021. This will help out citizens in availing transport-related services, while maintaining social distancing,".
As per the government's official tweet, the MoRTH has extended the validity of important documents that pertain to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989, like Registration Certificate (RC), Driving License (DL), Fitness Certificate (FC) and all kinds of permits.
However, the extension is valid only for those vehicles whose documents expired since February 1, 2020. This means any vehicle documents that expired before this mentioned date will still be considered invalid irrespective of lockdown severity in that region.
It is to be noted that a similar advisory was issued to all states and union territories on March 30, 2020, June 9, 2020, August 24, 2020, December 27, 2020, and March 26, 2021. This was when the severity of the pandemic had forced people to stay home. Now, the second wave of the pandemic is starting to recede and the government believes that all backlogs can be cleared by 30 September.
Thoughts On The Government's Extending The Validity Of Important Vehicle Documents
Given the pandemic situation where many people are struggling to meet their basic needs, these humane decisions can help numerous families. Automotive manufacturers have also come up with several initiatives to help its customers, including extending service and warranty periods.