- 19 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 24 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 1 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- News Do not confuse border dispute with boundary question, India tells China
- Sports Badminton: India lose 1-4 to Thailand in Sudirman Cup
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 5: Lahari Shari To Enter Secret Room After Exit From The House?
- Finance IPO: 30 Companies May Float Public Issues In Oct-Nov to Raise Rs 45,000 cr
- Lifestyle Awareness Talk On The Occasion Of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- Technology Week 39, 2021 Launch Roundup: Realme Narzo 50i, HUAWEI Nova 9 Pro, iQOO Z5, Realme GT Neo2, And More
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Citroen recently unveiled its first product for the Indian market, the C5 Aircross. The new Citroen C5 Aircross SUV will go on sale in India in the coming months. However, this will not be the only offering from the company for the Indian market.
According to the latest report by Rushlane, the Citroen CC21 (codename) micro crossover which is currently in the advanced stages of development, was spotted testing in Tamil Nadu under heavy wraps. The CC21 will be an important product from the company as it will cater to the needs of the people who are looking to buy a car in this segment.
The Citroen CC21 will be a product of the automaker's Common Modular Platform which also underpins a range of compact Peugeot and Citroen products. Mechanically, the car is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine that will produce around 98bhp of power and 150Nm of peak torque. Moreover, the CC21 will be India's first flex-fuel engine, which means that it can run on petrol as well as ethanol blends. The engine is expected to be mated to both manual and automatic transmission options.
Further details about the CC21 are scarce. The vehicle carries an SUV like design and is seen running on steel wheels in the spy images, hence indicating that this could be a lower variant of the CC21. On the inside, the car is expected to carry forward the same dashboard layout as the other models in the lineup along with a standalone touchscreen infotainment system on the centre console.
Now Speaking a little about the Citroen C5 Aircross SUV, it will feature a crossover design and will be packed with a host of features, equipment and technology. Mechanically, the Citroen C5 Aircross will be powered by a single-engine, which will be a 2.0-litre diesel unit. The oil burner will produce 175bhp of power and 400Nm of peak torque and will be mated to a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Citroen CC21 Micro SUV
The CC21 micro SUV is still under the testing phase and will take a while to launch in the Indian market. Once launched, the Citroen CC21 will go up against the likes of the Maruti Ignis, Mahindra KUV100 and the upcoming Tata HBX in India.