- 7 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 13 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News DRDO's new anti-COVID-19 drug 2-DG to be rolled out tomorrow
- Sports Ravi Shastri pays tributes to former Saurashtra pacer and BCCI match referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Movies Choti Sarrdaarni Fame Abhilasha Jakhar And Vineet Kumar Chaudhary Blessed With A Baby Boy; SEE PIC
- Finance Will Interest Rates On PPF, NSC, Post Office Deposits Be Cut On July 1?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Citroen recently unveiled its first product for the Indian market, the C5 Aircross. The new Citroen C5 Aircross SUV will go on sale in India in the coming months. However, this will not be the only offering from the company for the Indian market.
According to the latest report by Rushlane, the Citroen CC21 (codename) micro crossover which is currently in the advanced stages of development, was spotted testing in Tamil Nadu under heavy wraps. The CC21 will be an important product from the company as it will cater to the needs of the people who are looking to buy a car in this segment.
The Citroen CC21 will be a product of the automaker's Common Modular Platform which also underpins a range of compact Peugeot and Citroen products. Mechanically, the car is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine that will produce around 98bhp of power and 150Nm of peak torque. Moreover, the CC21 will be India's first flex-fuel engine, which means that it can run on petrol as well as ethanol blends. The engine is expected to be mated to both manual and automatic transmission options.
Further details about the CC21 are scarce. The vehicle carries an SUV like design and is seen running on steel wheels in the spy images, hence indicating that this could be a lower variant of the CC21. On the inside, the car is expected to carry forward the same dashboard layout as the other models in the lineup along with a standalone touchscreen infotainment system on the centre console.
Now Speaking a little about the Citroen C5 Aircross SUV, it will feature a crossover design and will be packed with a host of features, equipment and technology. Mechanically, the Citroen C5 Aircross will be powered by a single-engine, which will be a 2.0-litre diesel unit. The oil burner will produce 175bhp of power and 400Nm of peak torque and will be mated to a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Citroen CC21 Micro SUV
The CC21 micro SUV is still under the testing phase and will take a while to launch in the Indian market. Once launched, the Citroen CC21 will go up against the likes of the Maruti Ignis, Mahindra KUV100 and the upcoming Tata HBX in India.