- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 5 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News Assam, Nagaland CM's hold closed door meetings with NSCN chief
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Contestant Oshin Patwa Couldn't Answer This Rs 12.5 Lakh Question, Can You?
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By HDFC Securities For Potential Upside Up To 54%
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs RR: Royals drop Rahul thrice as Punjab skipper becomes second fastest to 3000 IPL runs
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
The Citroen CC21 compact-SUV will be making its world debut on September 16, 2021. The CC21 is currently the codename for the upcoming compact-SUV in the Indian market. Apart from India, the CC21 will be launched globally to replace the outgoing Citroen C3.
Citroen CC21 India Launch
The Citroen CC21 has been spotted testing several times in India. Earlier, the India launch of the new compact-SUV was scheduled to happen by the end of this year. However, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the company will be launching the compact-SUV sometime early next year.
Citroen will manufacture the CC21 a.k.a C3 in India and South America for the world. The production is said to begin in December. The CC21 will undergo heavy localization, which will help the brand to price it aggressively.
The CC21 will be the brand's first mass-market product and in India. Currently, Citroen sells its flagship SUV, the C5 Aircross in India. The touchpoints are limited to just 10 outlets in the country. However, since the CC21 will be a mass-market product, we can expect Citroen to massively expand its showroom network in India ahead of its launch.
The upcoming CC21's design was earlier revealed from the leaked images. Starting with the front fascia, it features the brand's logo finished in chrome and merges with the split headlamps design. The headlamps, DRL and logo create an X-shaped design at the front of the SUV. The fog lamps are placed at the bottom of the bumper inside a colour coordinated housing.
- A large grille
- Scuff plate at both ends
- Air-pocket design on the side
- Alloy wheel
- Dual-tone roof
- Split tail lamps
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- Panoramic sunroof
- Climate control
- Steering mounted controls
- Connected technology
- Cruise control
Interiors & Technology
The CC21 is expected to feature the same memory foam seating to provide maximum comfort to the occupants. It will also feature a rear seat with a 60:40 split that can be moved to make more legroom or increase the boot space.
Engine & Transmission
The C3 is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine. It could produce a maximum of 108bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 205Nm at 1500rpm. Transmission options include a six-speed torque converter as standard.
Expected Price & Rivals
The Citroen CC21 a.k.a C3 will rival the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Renault Kiger, Nissan Magnite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300 Ford EcoSport and other compact SUVs offered in India. The SUV will be made entirely in India and could be priced at around Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price).
Thoughts About The Citroen CC21 Launch Debut On September
Currently, there is massive competition in the compact-SUV segment with new models being added. The Citroen CC21 a.k.a C3 will be late to the party and will be going against some of the best-selling models in India. However, the company plans to price the product aggressively and make it stand out in the crowded compact-SUV segment.