- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 13 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 17 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- News FDA backs Pfizer COVID-19 boosters for senior citizens, high-risk
- Finance 4 Auto and Auto Ancillaries Stocks Doubled Investors Money In 2021
- Education Kerala Plus One Allotment Result 2021 Released At vhscap.kerala.gov.in
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
The Citroen C5 Aircross SUV rolls out of production in India. The company has commenced production of the SUV at its facility in Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu. The C5 Aircross is the brand's flagship SUV in global markets and is the first product from the Citroen brand in the country.
The French automaker has announced that the C5 Aircross will be unveiled to the Indian market on February 1, 2021. The launch of the C5 Aircross SUV in India will happen this quarter according to Citroen.
Ahead of the commencement of production in the country, the Citroen C5 Aircross SUV has undergone rigorous testing for over 2.5 lakh kilometres in different terrains, and varied weather conditions across India.
Along with the announcement, the company also lists some of the highlighted features of the C5 Aircross SUV. This includes the ‘Flying Carpet Effect' that is used to describe the driving of the SUV. The Progressive Hydraulic Cushion equipped suspension system of the C5 Aircross is responsible for a smooth drive.
The Citroen C5 Aircross will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 175bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque-convertor automatic. The transmission system features ‘Shift' and ‘Park' by wire control.
Speaking about the SUV's design, it features a split-headlamp set up with a thin body strip separating them. The upper part of the grille is flanked on either side by the DRLs, while the lower part of the grille connects the main headlamps. The DRLs also function as turn-indicators at the front.
At the rear, the design is more subtle with split-wraparound taillamps, an integrated roof spoiler, a large Citroen badge placed on the middle of the boot-lid, and a blacked-out bumper with non-functional twin exhaust vents. It also features chunky body cladding on the side with roof-rails and an aggressive-looking alloy wheel design.
On the inside, It features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument console, an elevated centre console for better driving ergonomics and dual-zone climate control; among others.
It will also feature a panoramic sunroof, Grip Control System with multiple drive surface options, a blind spot monitoring system, and Park Assist feature, seats with memory foam, three individually adjustable, reclining & modular rear seats and more.
Mr Emmanuel Delay, Executive Vice President, Stellantis & Chairman, PCA Automobile India Pvt Ltd & PSA AVTEC Powertrain Pvt Ltd., said, "We are excited to officially roll out the first Citroën C5 Aircross SUV, which will be the first of many differentiating products for India from the brand. There is a lot of market anticipation for the new Citroën C5 Aircross SUV, which will set a benchmark in style, comfort and innovation in its segment in India."
He further added, "I would like to congratulate all our employees at the plants who have worked tirelessly to achieve this key milestone despite the challenges posed by the ongoing pandemic. We are looking forward to welcoming the customers to the La Maison Citroën dealership network, which means ‘the home of Citroën' in a few weeks from now, across key cities of India."
Thoughts About The Citroen C5 Aircross Rolls Out Of Production In India
Citroen is starting its Indian operations with the flagship C5 Aircross SUV from the brand. The C5 Aircross will cater to the growing demand for SUVs in the country. The company believes the upcoming SUV will become popular in Indian because of its ride-quality and diesel engine option; among others.