- 18 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 2 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 20 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 22 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- Finance Ethereum London Fork: Important Things To Know
- Technology Meet HP Pavilion Aero, The Lightest AMD-Based Consumer Notebook
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Hockey: It's a proud and emotional moment for us: Harmanpreet Singh after bronze medal win
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Lauds Meghan Markle's 40X40 Initiative With A Sweet Birthday Note
- Education Tamil Nadu Approves 7.5% Reservation In Engineering Colleges For Government School Students
- News Opposition will keep fighting to raise people's issues including Pegasus matter: Mallikarjuna Kharge
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
Citroen is all-set to launch its first product to the Indian market this month called C5 Aircross. The Citroen C5 Aircross is the brand's flagship SUV, that is already on sale in international markets. The company have begun accepting pre-launch bookings for the upcoming Citroen C5 Aircross across the country.
Pre-bookings for the C5 Aircross SUV is being accepted for a token amount of Rs 50,000. Interested customers can book the SUV at the company's dealerships or via the Citroen India website. The SUV will retail at the brand's dealerships called La Maison located in 10 cities across the country.
The company will also be featuring a showroom on wheels concept to extend the brand's reach beyond dealerships located in the country. The deliveries of the SUV could benign right after its launch in the Indian market.
Speaking about the SUV itself, it will be offered with a single engine and transmission option. The Citroen C5 Aircross will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 175bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque-convertor automatic. The transmission system features ‘Shift' and ‘Park' by wire control.
The exterior of the SUV features a split-headlamp set up with a thin body strip separating them. The upper part of the grille is flanked on either side by the DRLs, while the lower part of the grille connects the main headlamps. The DRLs also function as turn-indicators at the front.
At the rear of the SUV, it features split-wraparound taillamps, an integrated roof spoiler, a large Citroen badge placed on the middle of the boot-lid, and a blacked-out bumper with non-functional twin exhaust vents. It also features 18-inch dual-tone alloy wheels and all-around body cladding.
On the inside, It features an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument console, dual-zone climate control and a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls; among others.
However, the party piece of the Citroen C5 Aircross is its ride quality that the brand claims will be a ‘Magic Carpet Ride' with the help of suspensions with progressive hydraulic cushions. Also, the seats on the inside feature memory foam, which further enhances the ride quality.
The SUV is offered with a host of driver aids along with active and passive safety features. This includes park assist, driver drowsiness alert, blind-spot monitoring, auto headlamps, fog lamps with cornering function, the brand's Grip Control drive modes, hill start assist, a reverse parking camera, electronic parking brake and more.
Thoughts About The Citroen C5 Aircross Pre-Bookings Begin In India Ahead Of Launch This Month
The Citroen C5 Aircross is imported into the country via the CKD route. As a result, it is expected to feature a starting price tag of Rs 28 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched, the C5 Aircross will rival the Jeep Compass and the upcoming Volkswagen Tiguan; among others sold in the Indian market.