- 46 min ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 18 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 21 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Launching On August 15 — Most-Awaited EV Launch To Happen On Independence Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
- Finance Top 5 Public Sector Banks Promising Best Interest Rates On FD In 2021
- Movies Riteish Deshmukh Pens Heartfelt Note For His 'Baiko' Genelia On Her Birthday; 'Gods Must Love Me'
- Technology LG Gram 2021 Laptops With Intel Evo, Military Grade Design Launched: Price, Specifications
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Golf: Aditi in contention for podium finish after blemish-free second round
- News Watch: 38-year-old Mumbai cop dances his way into people's hearts, becomes social media star
- Lifestyle What Are Delusions Of Grandeur A False Belief Of Superiority? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Education Tokyo Olympics: India Bags Bronze After 41 Years, All You Need To Know About Indian Men’s Hockey Squad
The French automaker, Citroen has officially revealed the launch date of its first model to the India market, the C5 Aircross. The company will launch the premium mid-size SUV on April 7, 2021, in the country.
Ahead of its launch, pre-bookings for the C5 Aircross are being accepted in the country for a token amount of Rs 50,000. The SUV will retail at the brand's dealerships called La Maison located in 10 cities across the country.
The company will be showcasing its first model across various cities using ‘showroom on wheels'. The concept will help the brand to extend its reach beyond dealerships located in the country. The deliveries of the SUV could begin right after the launch in the Indian market.
Speaking about the upcoming mid-size SUV, it will be offered with a single engine and transmission option. The Citroen C5 Aircross will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 175bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque-convertor automatic.
The C5 Aircross features a design that draws its inspiration from various clothing article. The exterior of the SUV features a split-headlamp set up with a thin body strip separating units at either end. The upper part of the grille is flanked on either side by the DRLs, and also function as turn-indicators at the front.
At the rear of the SUV, it features split-wraparound taillamps, an integrated roof spoiler, a large Citroen badge placed on the middle of the boot-lid, and a blacked-out bumper with non-functional twin exhaust vents. It also features 18-inch dual-tone alloy wheels and all-around body cladding.
On the inside, It features an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument console, dual-zone climate control and a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls; among others.
However, the party piece of the Citroen C5 Aircross is its ride quality that the brand claims will be a ‘Magic Carpet Ride' with the help of suspensions with progressive hydraulic cushions. Also, the seats on the inside feature memory foam, which further enhances the ride quality.
The SUV is offered with a host of driver aids along with active and passive safety features. We have driven the C5 Aircross ahead of its launch in the Indian market. Here are our detailed driving impressions and complete review.
Thoughts About The Citroen C5 Aircross India Launch Date Officially Revealed
The Citroen C5 Aircross is all set to start the proceedings for the brand in the Indian market. The mid-size SUV is being imported into the country via the CKD route. As a result, it is expected to feature a starting price tag of Rs 28 lakh, ex-showroom.