- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Citroen is all set to enter the Indian market this year. Ahead of its arrival, the French carmaker has announced that it will be revealing the brand's first product, the C5 Aircross in India on the 1st of February 2021.
The Citroen C5 Aircross, the first product from the brand will be positioned as a premium mid-size SUV offering. Once introduced in India, the C5 Aircross will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Volkswagen T-Roc and the Skoda Karoq. Citroen is expected to price the C5 Aircross in the same ballpark as its rivals, at around the Rs 25 lakh range, ex-showroom.
The French carmaker was initially supposed to enter the Indian market in 2020. However, the plan was delayed amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown. The SUV has been spied testing in India on multiple occasions, with an India debut date finally announced.
Being a premium offering, the Citroen C5 Aircross will come packed with a host of features, equipment and connected technology. The SUV will also be offered in multiple variants and trim levels, each offering a bunch of comfort, convenience and safety features.
Some of these features include LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED tail lights, panoramic sunroof, stylish alloy wheels, roof rails, large digital instrument cluster, 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-zone climate control, cruise control, steering-mounted controls, multiple airbags and a host of others.
Citroen is yet to announce the engine and transmission options for the India-spec version of the C5 Aircross. The European-spec SUV features a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 177bhp and 400Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic gearbox. We expect the same powertrain to make its way to the Indian version of the C5 Aircross as well.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Citroen C5 Aircross Coming To India
The Citroen C5 Aircross SUV will be the first of four new models from the brand to be introduced in the Indian market. The company is currently setting up its first showroom in Delhi, scheduled to open soon.
Stay-tuned as we bring you more updates on Citroen's plans for India in 2021, post the 1st February event.