- 12 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 16 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 19 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 20 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- News Budget like to propose GST Tribunal
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
The Citroen C5 Aircross deliveries have begun in India. The French automaker launched the C5 Aircross SUV earlier this month. The SUV retails at an introductory starting price tag of Rs 29.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
According to the report from Financial Express, despite the higher pricing of the premium SUV, the dealers are reporting a positive market response in the country. The image shows a host of C5 Aircross SUVs lined up at a dealership to be delivered to customers in the country.
The Citroen C5 Aircross is offered in two variants: Feel and Shine. The top-spec Shine variant retails at Rs 31.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This places the C5 Aircross SUV against some of the popular models sold in the Indian market including the Toyota Innova Crysta.
The reason for SUV's 30-odd lakh price tag is because the C5 Aircross is imported into the country via the CKD route. The company began accepting pre-launch bookings for the C5 Aircross SUV last month for a token amount of Rs 50,000.
Citroen has launched 10 showrooms across various cities in the country. Apart from the showrooms at 10 locations, the company will be showcasing its first model across various cities using 'showroom on wheels'. The concept will help the brand to extend its reach beyond dealerships located in the country.
The Citroen C5 Aircross is powered by a 2.0-litre Fiat-sourced diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 175bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque-convertor automatic.
The potent engine is matched with a spacious and airy cabin along with the brand's progressive hydraulic cushions suspension technology. According to the company, this gives the SUV a 'Magic Carpet Ride'. Paired with seats made out of special memory foam and the ride feels plush — find out all about the Citroen C5 Aircross here.
Some of the exterior features of the Citroen C5 Aircross include split LED headlamps, split-wraparound taillamps, an integrated roof spoiler, 18-inch dual-tone alloy wheels and all-around body cladding; among others.
On the inside, It features an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument console, dual-zone climate control and a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls; among others.
Thoughts About The Citroen C5 Aircross Deliveries Begin In India
The Citroen C5 Aircross rivals the Jeep Compass, the Hyundai Tucson and the upcoming Volkswagen Tiguan in the Indian market. The C5 Aircross is priced well above its segment rivals in the country. However, the SUV features the most practical and comfortable cabin in the segment.