- 9 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Group Landmark has ventured into the EV segment in India after its business partnership with global EV giant, BYD. The new partnership may spawn new retail outlets across the country. Speaking about BYD, the company is the 4th largest EV manufacturer in the world and BYD India is its subsidiary.
Recently, BYD India launched the E6 electric MPV in the country with a price tag of Rs 29.15 lakh, and the Group Landmark currently has 113 outlets across 32 cities in India for OEMs such as Mercedes-Benz, Honda, Jeep, Volkswagen and Renault.
However, the BYD E6 electric MPV is a five-seater MPV for commercial purposes only and cannot be registered as a private vehicle.
On its partnership with BYD, Mr Sanjay Thakker said, "We are delighted to associate with BYD, one of China's leading EV & hybrid vehicle OEMs. We are also excited to be part of India's Electric Vehicle revolution which has just begun and is likely to transform the country's mobility in the next decade.
Group Landmark has been supporting various auto OEMs in the growth journey and we have been a leading contributor to their vehicle sales besides catering its after sales needs. With BYD, we intend to replicate our deep understanding of the Indian consumer and market for their strategic goals in India."
The BYD E6 electric MPV is powered by a 93.67 bhp electric motor which is good for 130 kmph top speed. Apart from that, the BYD E6 comes with a 71.7 kWh lithium iron phosphate battery pack.
According to BYD, the BYD E6 has a WLTC range of 520 kms (city) and 415 kms (combined) on a full charge. Moreover, the BYD E6 also supports both AC and DC fast charging.
The company also claims that the BYD E6 electric MPV can replenish its battery pack from 30 per cent to 80 per cent in just 35 minutes using a suitable DC fast charger.
The demand for EVs across the nation has also skyrocketed with 42,055 units sold in November 2021. This figure represents an increase of 8.7 per cent m-o-m sales and a 227 per cent increase y-o-y.
Apart from that, for the first time in the country's automotive history, the number of Electric Vehicle registrations has surpassed the 40,000 mark in a month. This further reassures the demand for EVs in the market is growing.
One of the biggest contributors to this demand could be more people realising the economical benefits of using electric vehicles over the conventionally powered vehicles in both the commercial and personal sectors.
Moreover, thanks to global warming and pollution, more people have also realised the negative effects of fossil fuels.
Thoughts About Group Landmark & BYD E6
With the vast experience of the Group Landmark, BYD will have an even better understanding of the Indian market. Apart from that, BYD E6 is a handsome looking MPV with decent equipment levels and the electric MPV also has one of the bigger batteries compared to other EVs in India.