- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 5 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- Sports IPL 2021: We will focus on our process in every match: Delhi Capitals' captain Rishabh Pant
- News Governance in Punjab biggest casualty in Congress's 'Game of Thrones': AAP
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
BYD e6 electric MPV has been spotted testing yet again in the Indian market. The e6 MPV was recently launched in the Singapore market. The company could have imported the electric MPV for testing its extensively on Indian roads ahead of its launch in the market.
The latest spy images shared by one of our readers Karthik Banavara Srikanth showcases the e6 electric MPV without any disguise. The electric MPV was spotted testing in the Bangalore-Chennai highway.
Speaking about the BYD e6 electric MPV's design, it features a sloping roofline, along with a roof-integrated spoiler, alloy wheels, and a chrome-finished window line. The closed grille indicates the MPV to be an electric model.
Along with the enclosed grille, the MPV also features projector LED headlamps with integrated DRL, a large BYD logo placed in the centre, and the front bumper that features triangular fog lamp housings and an air dam with a sensor module to support Level 1 autonomous feature.
At the rear, the e6 MPV features wrap-around LED taillamps, a chrome strip that extends along the length of the boot lid, and reflectors placed on the rear bumpers. Other exterior features include a Shark fin antenna and a ‘Space' badge written on the rear quarter panel.
Although the spy image revealed the interiors partially, it looks similar to the MPV sold in the Singapore market. The e6 electric MPV features a 6-way adjustable driver seat, a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, and a semi-digital instrument cluster.
Other features on the MPV include wireless phone connectivity, electric parking brake, climate control, a multi-function steering wheel with mounted controls, and rear AC vents. It could also feature a factory-fitted sunroof.
Speaking about the powertrain, the e6 electric-MPV features an AC permanent magnet synchronous paired to a 71.7 kWh Blade Battery. It produces a maximum of 94bhp and a peak torque of 180Nm.
According to the company, the e6 features a maximum driving range of 522 kilometres on a single battery charge. The charge times for the battery pack is rated at around 1.5 hours for a 0 to 100 per cent charge.
The dimensions of the BYD e6 MPV reads 4695mm in length, 1810mm in width, 1670mm in height and 2800mm in wheelbase. The MPV tips the scale at 1930Kg (kerb). The electric MPV features a boot space of 580 litres.
Safety features on the MPV include 4 airbags, rear parking sensors along with the rear-view camera, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Hill-start Assist Control (HAC), Hydraulic Brake Assist, ISOFIX child seat anchors and more.
Thoughts About The BYD e6 Electric MPV Spied Testing Again Ahead Of Expected India Launch
BYD is looking to enter the Indian passenger vehicle market by introducing the e6 electric MPV. The e6 features a very practical electric driving range along with a host of features. It could be the first electric MPV offered in the Indian market.