- 12 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 16 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 19 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 20 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- News PUBG effect: Boy kills entire family in Pakistan
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
The BYD e6 electric MPV has been spotted testing in India. The e6 is an all-electric MPV manufactured by Chinese company BYD. It has been spotted while being tested in Chennai and is the second generation model.
The Chinese brand plans to launch several electric vehicles in the Indian market and it seems like the e6 is one of them. It will most likely be launched as a CBU unit. Being CBU, BYD doesn't need to homologate if they plan to import less than 2500 units this year.
From the front, BYD e6 looks like a conventional MPV with a pleasant-looking front fascia. The large wrap-around headlamps and perforated front grille look quite contemporary, while the rear-view mirrors hinged from the door make the e6 look more premium.
Despite the MPV silhouette, the e6 looks quite muscular and brawny with strong shoulder lines and wheel arches. The rear is also nicely designed with a thin chrome strip that connects the two tail lamps.
Like most electric cars, It has a premium interior. The dashboard is dominated by a large 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Unlike other touchscreen infotainment systems, one can physically change the orientation of the screen by rotating it 90-degrees.
The BYD e6 is packed with all the convenience and safety features one would expect, like electrically adjustable front seats, an electronic parking brake, 4-airbags, ABS, traction control, hill-start assist, tyre pressure monitoring system, rear parking sensors, etc.
The e6 is powered by a 41kWh battery pack, supplying most of its juice to a single 136hp electric motor driving the front wheels. The EV is said to be capable of travelling up to 522kms on a single charge.
We expect the BYD e6 to be launched with a price tag of Rs 20-25 lakhs and it will be one of three electric vehicles planned by the manufacturer for the Indian market.
Thoughts On BYD e6 Being Spotted While Testing In Chennai
With aggressive pricing and a strong product portfolio, BYD can make a significant impact on the Indian market despite the various challenges faced by EVs in the country. BYD is all set to debut in India and we can't wait to see what the brand has in store for the Indian market.
Image Source: Team-BHP