- 30 min ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 14 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Sports There was no way we could stay in Pakistan after receiving credible threat: NZC CEO White
- News Punjab Congress crisis: CLP meeting deferred; Announcement on Amarinder Singh’s successor today
- Lifestyle Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Technology Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G Color Options, Price In India Leak
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
The BYD e6 electric MPV has been spotted testing in India. The e6 is an all-electric MPV manufactured by Chinese company BYD. It has been spotted while being tested in Chennai and is the second generation model.
The Chinese brand plans to launch several electric vehicles in the Indian market and it seems like the e6 is one of them. It will most likely be launched as a CBU unit. Being CBU, BYD doesn't need to homologate if they plan to import less than 2500 units this year.
From the front, BYD e6 looks like a conventional MPV with a pleasant-looking front fascia. The large wrap-around headlamps and perforated front grille look quite contemporary, while the rear-view mirrors hinged from the door make the e6 look more premium.
Despite the MPV silhouette, the e6 looks quite muscular and brawny with strong shoulder lines and wheel arches. The rear is also nicely designed with a thin chrome strip that connects the two tail lamps.
Like most electric cars, It has a premium interior. The dashboard is dominated by a large 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Unlike other touchscreen infotainment systems, one can physically change the orientation of the screen by rotating it 90-degrees.
The BYD e6 is packed with all the convenience and safety features one would expect, like electrically adjustable front seats, an electronic parking brake, 4-airbags, ABS, traction control, hill-start assist, tyre pressure monitoring system, rear parking sensors, etc.
The e6 is powered by a 41kWh battery pack, supplying most of its juice to a single 136hp electric motor driving the front wheels. The EV is said to be capable of travelling up to 522kms on a single charge.
We expect the BYD e6 to be launched with a price tag of Rs 20-25 lakhs and it will be one of three electric vehicles planned by the manufacturer for the Indian market.
Thoughts On BYD e6 Being Spotted While Testing In Chennai
With aggressive pricing and a strong product portfolio, BYD can make a significant impact on the Indian market despite the various challenges faced by EVs in the country. BYD is all set to debut in India and we can't wait to see what the brand has in store for the Indian market.
Image Source: Team-BHP