- 12 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 13 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 15 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
BMW has introduced a new variant to its X3 SUV lineup in the Indian market. The new variant comes in the form of the BMW X3 xDrive 30i SportX trim and is priced at Rs 56.50 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new variant is now the entry-level offering to the brand's mid-size SUV offering, making it a more affordable option compared to its rivals in the segment. The new BMW X3 xDrive 30i SportX variant will be locally produced at the brand's facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and will be available with a single petrol engine option.
Bookings for the new variant have begun and early customers of the new SportX trim are said to receive exclusive benefits and offers worth up to Rs 1.50 lakh. According to BMW, customers booking the SportX trim of the X3 before 28 February will receive an exclusively curated BMW Accessories Package and BMW Service Inclusive Package.
The accessories package include LED door projectors, universal wireless charger, BMW display key and a 2.5 PM air filter. Similarly, the service package covers all maintenance work, including any original parts and oil requirements for a period of 3 years or 40,000km (whichever is earlier).
In terms of design and features, the BMW X3 xDrive 30i SportX comes packed with equipment, both inside and out. Starting with the exteriors, the 2021 BMW X3 SportX variant features LED headlamps, LED fog lamps with a new design, signature kidney grille up front, LED tail lights, revised roof spoiler and dual exhaust pipes; among others.
Moving inside, the SportX trim comes with the brand's Live Cockpit Plus, an 8.8-inch touchscreen with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, BMW voice assistant, parking assistant, 3D navigation and many more.
The new SUV trim also comes equipped with a 5.1-inch digital instrument cluster with analogue dials, multiple drive modes (Eco Pro, Comfort, Sport & Sport+), powered tailgate, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting and many others as well.
Powering the new BMW X3 xDrive 30i SportX variant is a 2.0-litre TwinPower Turbo petrol engine. It produces 248bhp and 360Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission. BMW claims that the X3 SportX trim can sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 6.3 seconds.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"BMW has pioneered the world of sports activity vehicles (SAV) with its ‘X' range. For nearly two decades, the BMW X3 has been extremely successful in the luxury SAV segment as it strikes an ideal balance between on-road and off-road capabilities."
"Today, with the addition of the new ‘SportX' variant, we are strategically expanding the range of BMW X3 offering and giving our customers the ‘Power of Choice'."
"This powerful and adventurous ‘X' machine is the ideal companion for those who are on a mission to push the limits. The new BMW X3 xDrive30i SportX is yet another proof of BMW's commitment to keep innovating and producing the best vehicles in each segment."
Thoughts On The BMW X3 xDrive 30i SportX Variant Launched In India
The BMW X3 xDrive 30i SportX is the new entry-level offering in the model's variant lineup. The new BMW X3 SportX continues to rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLC, along with the upcoming Audi Q5 facelift SUV.