- 32 min ago Toyota Innova Crysta Price Increase Announced: 2 Percent Price Hike Effective From August
- 16 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 16 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- Sports Rahul Dravid backs Sanju Samson, young batsmen after T20I series defeat to Sri Lanka
- Movies Maera Misshra Is In Talks For Bigg Boss OTT; Splitsvilla 11 Fame Asks People To Stop Calling Her Adhyayan’s Ex
- News Prabhas-starrer 'Radhe Shyam' to release worldwide; Film to hit theatres on Pongal 2022
- Finance New IT Portal Received Over 25 Lakh ITRs, Allocated Over 7.90 Lakh e-PANs & More: Check Report
- Technology Garena Free Fire Redeem Codes For Today Brings Underground Howl Loot Crate, Weapons, More
- Education MBOSE HSSLC Result 2021: Meghalaya Board 12th Result Link And Download Marksheet
- Lifestyle Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Two Stunning Outfits: Which Look Do You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
BMW introduced their new M340i sedan in the Indian market on the 10th of March 2021. The new BMW M340i is now the range-topping variant in the brand's 3 Series lineup and is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 62.90 lakh, ex-showroom (Pan-India).
Now, just days after its launch, BMW has announced that the M340i has been sold out. The German carmaker has confirmed that the new M340i model has been sold out in India in a single day. Customers are now being added to a waiting list, with more details of the bookings and deliveries yet to be announced.
The new BMW M340i xDrive is the brand's first locally-assembled ‘M' car. The M340i also claims to be the quickest car to be locally-assembled in India. The new BMW M340i is positioned between the standard 3 Series range on offer and full-blown M3 model, yet to make it to Indian shores.
Having said that the range-topping sporty sedan is offered with an M-specific chassis tuning and an M Sport rear differential. The M340i also comes with the brand's all-wheel-drive (xDrive) system as standard.
Powering the new sedan is a powerful 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder TwinTurbo petrol engine. It produces 387bhp at 5800rpm and 500Nm of peak torque between 1800 - 5000rpm and is paired with a standard eight-speed Steptronic transmission unit. BMW claims that the M340i can accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 4.4 seconds, while reaching an electronically-limited top speed of 250km/h.
Apart from the performance aspects, the BMW M340i model also comes packed with a host of features and equipment. This includes BMW LED Laserlights as standard, 3D LED taillights, 18-inch alloy wheels, M rear spoiler and more.
The features continue on the inside as well, with the M340i cabin offering a fully-digital 12.3-inch instrument cluster, large 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, heads-up display and many more.
Thoughts On The BMW M340i Sedan Being Sold Out In India
The BMW M340i, the brand's first locally-assembled ‘M' car seems to have received an overwhelming response in the Indian market. The first-locally assembled M car from BMW goes up against the likes of the Mercedes-AMG C43 and the upcoming Audi S5 Sportback.