- 7 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 9 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
German luxury carmaker BMW has launched the iX electric SUV in India. The BMW iX is priced at Rs 1,15,90,000 (ex-showroom, India).
The BMW iX SUV is offered in xDrive40 guise for the Indian market. The BMW iX xDrive40 draws power from a twin battery pack setup with a combined capacity of 76.6kWh. The battery pack provides power to a dual-motor setup (one on each axle) that produce a combined output of 322bhp and 630Nm of peak torque. Power is sent to all four wheels via a single-speed automatic gearbox and BMW's xDrive all-wheel drive system.
BMW claims that the iX xDrive40 will sprint from 0-100km/h in just 6.1 seconds and will continue accelerating until it hits a top speed of 200km/h. The BMW iX xDrive40 as per WLTP testing has a range of 425 kilometres.
BMW is offering the iX xDrive40 with a 2.3kW single-phase charger for regular wall plugs and as an introductory offer, an 11kW AC wall box charger. Using the regular 2.3kW single-phase charger, the iX xDrive40 will fully charge up in mind-numbing 36 hours. The 11kW AC charger brings down the charging time to just seven hours.
The BMW iX xDrive40 also supports faster DC charging. Plugged into a 50kW DC fast charger, the BMW iX will charge up its battery from 10 to 80 per cent in just one hour and 13 minutes. If you can find a faster 150kW DC charger then the iX will do the same 10 to 80 per cent charging sprint in just 31 minutes.
The BMW iX's frontal design is dominated by the Bavarian brand's kidney grille which is quite massive on the electric SUV. The sleek headlamps are the narrowest on any BMW. The sides feature rectangular wheel arches which play host to snazzy 21-inch alloy wheels. The iX also features frameless windows, a large panoramic roof and sleek single-piece taillights.
The insides of the BMW iX electric SUV are minimalistic and quite spacious. The dashboard is dominated by the twin display setup for the infotainment screen and driver's cockpit. The iX sports a hexagonal steering wheel, multi-function seats with integral head restraints and massage function. The boot has a capacity of 500 litres which can be expanded to 1,750 litres by folding down the rear seats.
Other features include wireless phone charging, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for the 14.9-inch infotainment display, a heads up display, a surround-view camera and an 18-speaker Harman Kardon surround sound system.
The BMW iX SUV comes packed with a host of safety features including multiple airbags, ABS with brake assist, cruise control, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)and stability control among many others. The electric SUV also packs a number of driver assistance features including lane change assist with active return, blind-spot detection and front collision warning.
Thoughts On The BMW iX
The BMW iX is a massive SUV that brings electric power to the Bavarian brand's fans in India who are looking for a large electric vehicle to take the family around town. With its long range and quick acceleration expect the BMW iX to start entering the garages of the rich and famous very soon.