- 9 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
German luxury carmaker BMW has revealed that the first batch of the newly launched iX SUV for India has sold out in less than a day since it was launched this Monday, the 13th of December. The BMW iX was launched at an introductory price of Rs 1,15,90,000 ex-showroom (India).
Speaking about the intense demand for the iX SUV, Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "We are very excited to receive such a phenomenal response to the BMW iX. Born electric, our new technology flagship stands for a new way of life defined by mobility that is luxurious and responsible at the same time. We were confident that the iX will be a sought-after product, but it has truly surpassed all expectations. With all units sold on the first day, we are now preparing to fulfil the demands of other customers who are waiting to own this exclusive electric BMW SAV."
The BMW iX SUV is the first all-electric vehicle from the Bavarian marque to arrive in India. Deliveries of the sold-out first batch of BMW iX SUVs will begin in April 2022. BMW will start taking bookings for the next batch of iX electric SUVs in the first quarter of 2022.
The BMW iX SUV is only offered in the xDrive40 guise for the Indian market. The BMW iX xDrive40 is powered by a dual-motor all-wheel drive setup that generates a combined output of 322bhp and 630Nm of peak torque. The two electric motors (one on each axle) send power to all four wheels via a single-speed automatic gearbox and BMW's xDrive all-wheel drive system. The BMW iX xDrive40 accelerates from 0-100km/h in 6.1 seconds and will continue spriting till it tops out at 200km/h.
Powering the BMW iX xDrive40 is a 76.6kWh twin battery pack setup. This dual battery setup delivers a Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) lab test certified range of 425 kilometres on a single charge.
The battery pack on the BMW iX xDrive40 is offered with two regular charging options. The first is a regular 2.3kW single-phase AC charger that will top up the iX's battery packs in a rather boring day and a half.
The other AC charging solution offered to the owners of the first batch of iXs is a 11kW AC charger that manages t charge the battery pack in just seven hours.
The BMW iX also allows for DC fast charging. When connected to a 50kW DC charger the BMW iX will top up its battery packs from 10 to 80 per cent in just one hour and thirteen minutes. The BMW iX also supports charging through even faster 150kW chargers that do the same 10 to 80 per cent charge in just 31 minutes.
Thoughts On The BMW iX
The BMW iX is the German luxury carmaker's first electric vehicle to be sold in India. The demand for the electric BMW iX in India shows that it is not just hoi polloi who are looking to go electric.