- 34 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 20 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- Movies Mira Rajput Credits Hubby Shahid Kapoor For Helping Her Stay Calm And Happy During Her Pregnancies
- Sports India vs Australia: Pakistan cricketers hail Team India's incredible series win Down Under
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
BMW has sold around 6,604 units of BMW and MINI cars in 2020 in the Indian market. The company has registered sales of 6,092 units of BMWs and MINI India of 512 units. On the other hand, BMW Motorrad also sold 2,563 motorcycles in the same year.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "BMW Group India has demonstrated resilience and determination in a tough environment full of new challenges. The strength of our brands, well-structured operations along with the dedication of our employees and dealer partners drove the business to adapt quickly and perform. With improving macroeconomic indicators and consumer confidence, BMW Group India picked up momentum with remarkable efficiency and vigour. We registered strong results at the end of a very difficult year and propelled our segment share significantly in the Indian luxury car market. We are looking towards 2021 with renewed confidence and optimism."
More than 50 per cent of the sales happened for the locally produced Sports Activity Vehicle range including the BMW X1, the BMW X3 and the BMW X5. The newly launched BMW X7 experienced astounding demand in all regions. The BMW 3 Series and the BMW 5 Series continued their traditional role as strong contributors in the sedan segment.
On the other hand, the locally produced MINI Countryman commanded a share of over 40 per cent in sales. The iconic MINI Hatch and the popular MINI Convertible contributed to over 23 per cent sales each.
Now coming to the two-wheeler side, BMW Motorrad India saw the increase in sales by the launch of the new BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS. Together, the two motorcycles commanded a share of over 80 per cent in the yearly sales. The BMW R 1250 GS & GSA, BMW F 750 & 850 GS and the BMW S 1000 RR also had a healthy contribution in the sales.
Thoughts About BMW Sales In The Year 2020
The year 2020 saw one of the biggest global pandemic, the COVID-19. Despite everything being shut and under lockdown, it is really commendable to see a luxury brand like BMW to sell 6,604 units of their vehicle.