- 1 hr ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 19 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- News Union cabinet meeting set to be held tomorrow
- Movies Tamannaah Bhatia Says OTT Space Is Helping Actors Change The Old Idea Of Stardom
- Finance Brief Timeline Of Jet Airways Insolvency Resolution
- Sports Swimmers Srihari Nataraj, Maana Patel nominated for Universality places in Tokyo Olympics
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela’s Glam Makeup And Twisted Hairstyle Make For A Complete Flawless Wedding Look
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
BMW Group India has pledged a total of Rs 8 crore to help the nation fight against the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The company had already donated Rs 3 crore at first. The remaining Rs 5 crore was added recently to the relief measures.
BMW Group India aims to improve the healthcare infrastructure and medical services in Gurugram (Delhi NCR) and Chengalpattu (Tamil Nadu). The company will be using the funds to procure 150 oxygen concentrators. The concentrators have been imported to India to treat critical care of Covid-19 patients in the country.
The concentrators will be utilised by an oxygen bank in Gurugram (Delhi NCR) operated by GiveIndia, a non-governmental organisation. The general public will have access to free oxygen concentrators via GiveIndia's website.
The BMW India Foundation also aims to strengthen the healthcare infrastructure by procuring more life-saving equipment. The company has set up Isolation Ward and PCR Lab at Chengalpattu Government Hospital. It will be used to provide RT-PCR lab equipment and microbial detection systems to expand Covid-19 testing.
Back in Gurugram, the brand has worked closely with the local Health Administration for sample collection and vaccination program. Further, the Foundation also provided critical care equipment to Gurugram Civil Hospital in addition to setting up an Isolation Ward that caters to the police department at Manesar.
BMW Group has also extended support to the front line workers in both Gurugram (Delhi NCR) and Chennai (Tamil Nadu) by handing out critical medical kits. This includes PPE Kits, face shields and masks. The Foundation has also distributed meals and ration kits to the underprivileged.
Apart from helping the general public, the company has also turned its attention towards the well being of its employees during the ongoing pandemic. BMW Group India has tied up with leading hospitals for vaccination of associates and their families at the BMW Group Training Centre in Gurugram and BMW Group Plant Chennai in Chengalpattu.
The company has also set up a ‘Doctor-On-Call' facility to cover prevention, home testing, consultation, treatment and ambulance services tie-up for Covid-19 for its employees. The consultation includes professional assistance for overall well-being and stress-related issues caused due to the current situation.
The company has imported oxygen concentrators to India for employees and their families who are in critical care for the treatment. Also, the company's insurance will cover any claims for Covid-19 treatment as well.
To secure the future of the employee's family, the company is also providing Term Life Insurance for the employee's dependents. They will continue to receive the last drawn monthly gross salary for the next 3 years in an unfortunate event.
Thoughts About BMW Group India Pledging Rs 9 Crore To Fight Against Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic
BMW Group has realigned its commitment to help the nation fight the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. Apart from helping the nation and general public, the company have announced relief measure for its employee's well being as well.