- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 5 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 21 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 22 hrs ago Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- News Cabinet Secretariat Recruitment 2022: Check vacancy details, pay scale, eligibility and more
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
- Sports Asia Cup Hockey: After 9-0 win against Malaysia, India ready for Japan challenge
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In South India In Winter Of 2022
- Finance Yes Bank Q3 Profit Rises 77 Percent To Rs 266 Crore
- Movies James Corden Offers Jacket To Dakota Johnson To Help Cover Her Dress, Actress Has A Hilarious Reaction
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Sets New Sleepwear Street Style Trend
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
BMW C 400 GT launched in India for Rs 9.95 lakh (ex-showroom), and it is the priciest scooter currently available in the country.
"The launch of all-new BMW C 400 GT heralds a new era in the urban mobility segment in India. This progressive and agile mid-size scooter is designed to conquer the city and long touring destinations with ease. Whether riding into the city centre, travelling to the office or enjoying a weekend tour- the all-new BMW C 400 GT is the perfect partner to enjoy riding to the fullest: not just as alone but with a passenger too." said Vikram Pawah, President of BMW Group India.
The new BMW C 400 GT is a premium midsize scooter and it comes to the Indian two-wheeler market as a completely built-up unit (CBU), and the company has already started bookings on the scooter at all BMW Motorrad India dealerships.
Powering the BMW C 400 GT is an all-new 350cc water-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke fuel-injected petrol engine. According to the company, this engine develops a maximum power of 34 bhp at 7500 rpm and 35 Nm of maximum torque at 5750 rpm.
This is more than enough to propel the 202-kilogram premium mid-size scooter from 0-100 kmph in just 9.5 seconds, and on to a top speed of 139 kmph, which is quite rapid for its specifications.
Being a premium mid-size scooter, the BMW C 400 GT comes with a whole host of features. For starters, the BMW C 400 GT comes with a full-colour 6.5,-inch Multifunctional instrument cluster, BMW Motorrad Multi-Controller, Ride Modes and connectivity features.
Apart from that, the BMW C 400 GT also comes with a USB charging socket, Seat Storage Compartment with optimized lighting, LED headlights, ride-by-wire and many more.
Safety-wise, the BMW C 400 GT comes with an ABS system, double disc brakes at the front, single disc brake at the rear, Automatic Stability Control (ASC), traction control (TC) and more.
Moreover, unlike most scooters in India, the BMW C 400 GT rides on a 15-inch wheel at the front and a 14-inch wheel at the rear, and according to the German manufacturer, the smaller rear tyres are being used to liberate more storage space under the seat.
In addition to that, the new BMW C 400 GT also has a lot of road presence and could be mistaken for something much more potent than it actually is, which makes it all the more desirable to many buyers in the country.
The new BMW C 400 GT is also available in two shades - Alpine White and Style Triple Black.
Thoughts About The New BMW C 400 GT
For Rs 9.95 lakh (ex-showroom), the new BMW C 400 GT is on the expensive side. However, the scooter offers a unique experience to its riders and comes packed with a whole host of features.
Moreover, the new BMW C 400 GT has also opened up the two-wheeler market in India for premium mid-size scooters. However, it could have been better if BMW could have priced the new BMW C 400 GT a little more aggressively.