- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 3 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Technology Flipkart Smartphone Carnival April: Offer On Best Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Finance All You Need To Know About SBI Zero Balance Savings Account
- Movies Aditya Seal On His Wedding Plans With Girlfriend Anushka Ranjan: There Is A Lot To Achieve And Prove
- News Monsoon to be normal this season, says government
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca and Madrid wary of Haaland price
- Education ICSE, ISC Exam 2021: CISCE Reconsiders Class 10, 12 Board Exam Dates, Check Details
- Lifestyle Stunner! Nora Fatehi Makes A Strong Case For The Orange Hue With Her Bodycon Dress
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
BMW has launched a new sedan model in the Indian market called the 220i Sport in India. The BMW 220i Sport retails at Rs 37.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The newly launched variant is now the entry-level offering in the brand's 2-Series Gran Coupe line-up.
The new BMW 220i Sport is powered by a twin-turbo 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 188bhp and a peak torque at 280Nm between 1350rpm and 4600rpm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed Steptronic Sport automatic transmission. The car accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in 7.1 seconds.
The 220i Sport features a host of electronic driver aids and multiple drive modes as well. This includes Eco and Pro mode in Driving Experience Control. The car has front-wheel-drive architecture in which the engine is positioned transversely, which saves space without compromising on the driving dynamics.
The exterior design and features of the sedan offer a sporty appeal. It features four frameless doors, full-LED headlights, the brand's signature kidney grille, LED taillights, and a 10-spoke alloy wheel finished in grey.
BMW is offering the 220i in four colours that include Alpine White, Black Sapphite, Melbourne Red, and Storm Bay. Customers can choose from two upholstery options such as Sensatec Oyster Black and Sensatec Black.
Moving to the interiors, the 220i comes loaded with a host of equipment. This includes sport seats for driver and front passenger, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, 5.1-inch digital instrument cluster with BMW Live Cockpit Plus technology, and an 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest form of connected technology; among others.
The safety net on the BMW 220i includes six airbags, (ABS) with Brake Assist, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC), Cornering Brake Control (CBC), electric parking brake with auto hold and the list goes on.
The company is proving financial services that are tailor-made for BMW customers. The company is also offering multiple service packages to further reduce the cost of ownership. The packages cover Condition Based Service (CBS) and maintenance work with plans ranging from 3 yrs / 40,000kms to 10 yrs / 2,00,000kms.
Speaking on the occasion, Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India, said, "An important pillar of BMW India's strategy is to offer the valuable ‘Power of Choice' across its versatile model range that caters to the customer desires and mobility needs. The addition of the ‘Sport' variant to the successful BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe model line-up, presents an excellent value proposition along with attractive features."
He further added, "With the growing popularity of petrol models in the premium segment, the new BMW 220i Sport is an irresistible choice for aspiring individuals to enter the world of BMW with style and performance."
Thoughts About The BMW 220i Sport Launched In India
The BMW 220i Sport is the brand's entry-level offering in the Indian market. The sedan comes packed with a host of features on the inside and packs performance under the hood. The BMW 220i rivals the Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine and the upcoming Audi A3 in India.