- 5 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 22 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 23 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 24 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: SRH vs KKR, Match 3 Live Updates: Clash of former champions in Chennai
- News Cooch Behar killings turning point, BJP to be routed from north Bengal, says Bimal Gurung
- Movies Composer Sajid Khan Reveals Wife Lubna Donated Her Kidney To Ailing Brother-In-Law Wajid Khan In 2019
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
BMW has introduced a new petrol-powered variant to its entry-level 2 Series Gran Coupe model in the Indian market. The new BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe petrol variant comes in the form of '220i M Sport' trim, with an introductory price of Rs 40.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 2 Series 220i comes with the brand's ‘M Sport' package and will be locally assembled at their facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe 220i will now be sold alongside its two diesel variants and will be available in all dealerships across the country.
Bookings for the new petrol-powered 2 Series can also be made from today, with deliveries for the same expected to start very soon.
The new BMW 2 Series 220i M Sport will come powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine. It produces 190bhp and 280Nm of peak torque between 1350 - 4600rpm and is mated to an eight-speed steptronic sport automatic transmission unit. The BMW 2 Series 220i M Sport variant boasts of a 0 - 100km/h time of 7.1 seconds.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"BMW India continues to expand its product range as per evolving trends in the luxury car segment. We believe in offering the power of choice when it comes to fulfilling mobility needs and desires of BMW enthusiasts."
"Designed with a focus on performance and sportiness, the new BMW 220i M Sport demonstrates powerful uniqueness that suits the requirements of motorsport fans. With the dynamics of a petrol engine, first-class driving characteristics and the highest comfort, ‘Sheer Driving Pleasure' is guaranteed every time."
The BMW 2 Series petrol-powered variant carries forward the same features, equipment and connected technology as its diesel versions. This includes LED headlamps, LED tail lights, LED DRLs, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels and the signature kidney grille at the front.
Inside, the new BMW 2 Series continues to pack a host of features as well. This includes two large display screens, one for the instrument cluster (12.3-inch) and the other for the Infotainment system (10.25-inch). The 2 Series also features ambient lighting, wireless charging, rear AC vents, sports seats with electric memory function, panoramic glass roof, 40:20:40 split rear seats and a host of others.
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe is offered with a choice of four exterior paint schemes: Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Melbourne Red and Storm Bay. The M Sport variants are offered with two additional exclusive paint schemes in the form of Misano Blue and Snapper Rocks.
Thoughts On The New BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe 220i M Sport Launch
BMW has expanded its 2 Series lineup with the addition of a petrol engine. The new 220i M Sport will now be sold alongside the model's two diesel variants: 220d Sport Line & 220d M Sport. The new BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will rival the likes of the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan.