- 10 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 14 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 16 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Lifestyle Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: What to look out for on July 25
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
BMW has introduced a new petrol-powered variant to its entry-level 2 Series Gran Coupe model in the Indian market. The new BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe petrol variant comes in the form of '220i M Sport' trim, with an introductory price of Rs 40.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new BMW 2 Series 220i comes with the brand's ‘M Sport' package and will be locally assembled at their facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe 220i will now be sold alongside its two diesel variants and will be available in all dealerships across the country.
Bookings for the new petrol-powered 2 Series can also be made from today, with deliveries for the same expected to start very soon.
The new BMW 2 Series 220i M Sport will come powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine. It produces 190bhp and 280Nm of peak torque between 1350 - 4600rpm and is mated to an eight-speed steptronic sport automatic transmission unit. The BMW 2 Series 220i M Sport variant boasts of a 0 - 100km/h time of 7.1 seconds.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"BMW India continues to expand its product range as per evolving trends in the luxury car segment. We believe in offering the power of choice when it comes to fulfilling mobility needs and desires of BMW enthusiasts."
"Designed with a focus on performance and sportiness, the new BMW 220i M Sport demonstrates powerful uniqueness that suits the requirements of motorsport fans. With the dynamics of a petrol engine, first-class driving characteristics and the highest comfort, ‘Sheer Driving Pleasure' is guaranteed every time."
The BMW 2 Series petrol-powered variant carries forward the same features, equipment and connected technology as its diesel versions. This includes LED headlamps, LED tail lights, LED DRLs, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels and the signature kidney grille at the front.
Inside, the new BMW 2 Series continues to pack a host of features as well. This includes two large display screens, one for the instrument cluster (12.3-inch) and the other for the Infotainment system (10.25-inch). The 2 Series also features ambient lighting, wireless charging, rear AC vents, sports seats with electric memory function, panoramic glass roof, 40:20:40 split rear seats and a host of others.
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe is offered with a choice of four exterior paint schemes: Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Melbourne Red and Storm Bay. The M Sport variants are offered with two additional exclusive paint schemes in the form of Misano Blue and Snapper Rocks.
Thoughts On The New BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe 220i M Sport Launch
BMW has expanded its 2 Series lineup with the addition of a petrol engine. The new 220i M Sport will now be sold alongside the model's two diesel variants: 220d Sport Line & 220d M Sport. The new BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will rival the likes of the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan.