- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Jimmy Sheirgill Reveals Why He Was Intimidated Being Directed By Gulzar In Maachis
- Technology Week 43, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia C30, Vivo T1, OPPO K9s, iQOO Z5x, And More
- Sports 'Lucky 13': Babar Azam lords in style as India lose to Pakistan for first time in World Cup
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
Ride-hailing platform Blu-Smart has announced the completion of 16 million (1.6 crore) emission-free kilometres in the Delhi-NCR region. This feat was recently accomplished by the Gurugram based start-up and the milestone was announced on World Environmental Day.
Blu-Smart achieved this feat by completing over five lakh zero-emission trips through their ride-hailing platform in Delhi-NCR. The company claims that for each kilometre, they save 68gms of CO2. That being said, it is estimated that the start-up company has reduced the region's CO2 emissions by 1.08 billion grams since it began operating on 04 June, 2019.
At present, the company offers its all-electric emission-free mobility service in Delhi-NCR alone, and has so far planned and executed quite a few creative ways of improving their business and in turn played a big role in reducing the impact on the environment.
One such creative program is the company's referral program that was introduced last year. For every referral lead received from its existing customers, the company has planted a tree. Apart from the CO2-free rides, the company has claimed that their all-electric rides do not emit other pollutants like CO, PM2.5 and PM5.
In recent times, the company has also focused on gender equality by hiring female drivers. As a safety precaution, the company is offering their female drivers an eight-hour lease period only during the daytime.
The company is also planning to add 500 more female drivers, with an aim to equalise gender distribution within its workforce.
Thoughts On Blu-Smart Achieving 16 Million Emission-Free Kilometres In Delhi-NCR
It is a great achievement by Blu-Smart and there is no way to dispute this. There are many other electric vehicle ride-hailing platforms operating in different cities across India. If each of these brands share their statistics, we're sure the number of emission-free kilometres achieved would be staggering.
However, these numbers will still pale in comparison to the number of kilometres run by petrol/diesel vehicles and that is exactly what we need to change in the next few years.