- 7 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 13 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Aparshakti Khurana Reveals If He Is Going To Be Strict Or Cool Dad
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Ride-hailing platform Blu-Smart has announced the completion of 16 million (1.6 crore) emission-free kilometres in the Delhi-NCR region. This feat was recently accomplished by the Gurugram based start-up and the milestone was announced on World Environmental Day.
Blu-Smart achieved this feat by completing over five lakh zero-emission trips through their ride-hailing platform in Delhi-NCR. The company claims that for each kilometre, they save 68gms of CO2. That being said, it is estimated that the start-up company has reduced the region's CO2 emissions by 1.08 billion grams since it began operating on 04 June, 2019.
At present, the company offers its all-electric emission-free mobility service in Delhi-NCR alone, and has so far planned and executed quite a few creative ways of improving their business and in turn played a big role in reducing the impact on the environment.
One such creative program is the company's referral program that was introduced last year. For every referral lead received from its existing customers, the company has planted a tree. Apart from the CO2-free rides, the company has claimed that their all-electric rides do not emit other pollutants like CO, PM2.5 and PM5.
In recent times, the company has also focused on gender equality by hiring female drivers. As a safety precaution, the company is offering their female drivers an eight-hour lease period only during the daytime.
The company is also planning to add 500 more female drivers, with an aim to equalise gender distribution within its workforce.
Thoughts On Blu-Smart Achieving 16 Million Emission-Free Kilometres In Delhi-NCR
It is a great achievement by Blu-Smart and there is no way to dispute this. There are many other electric vehicle ride-hailing platforms operating in different cities across India. If each of these brands share their statistics, we're sure the number of emission-free kilometres achieved would be staggering.
However, these numbers will still pale in comparison to the number of kilometres run by petrol/diesel vehicles and that is exactly what we need to change in the next few years.