- 17 hrs ago Mercedes To Bring The Most Powerful Four-Cylinder Car In The World To India
- 20 hrs ago Royal Enfield Reveals 'Birth of the Bullet' & 'The Picnic Special' Limited Edition Helmets
- 22 hrs ago Euler Motors HiLoad Commercial EV Launched At Rs 3.50 Lakhs
- 23 hrs ago Audi Looks At Assembling EVs in India — A Sign Of Things To Come
- Movies RRR Teaser: A 40 Second No-Dialogue Clip To Be Out On October 29?
- Lifestyle Kali Puja 2021: Best Wishes, Greetings, Messages, Quotes, Status for Your Loved Ones
- Education UPPSC PCS Prelims 2021 Answer Key Released, Raise Objections Till November 3
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For October 28, 2021: Win Rs. 20,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- News Kerala: 17-year-old girl delivers baby with the help of YouTube videos, lover arrested under POCSO Act
- Sports French Open Badminton 2021: Sindhu, Lakshya win, Srikanth bows out as Saina retires midway
- Finance 4 Stocks With Top Piotroski Score And High Dividend Yield
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
The demand for compact SUVs continues to increase in the Indian market. There are a ton of models present in the segment, which results in fierce competition every month. The best-selling compact SUV for the last month is the Hyundai Venue.
The Venue has taken the top step in the sales chart by beating the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. According to Autopunditz, the Venue has registered total sales of 11,245 units in April 2021. This is over 5 per cent more as compared to the March 2021 sales that stood at 10,722 units.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza pushed to the second spot and registered total sales of 11,220 units in the last month. This is just 25 units less than the Venue, which shows the level of competition in the segment. The Vitara Brezza registered a similar sales figure in the month of March this year that stood at 11, 274 units.
Finishing in the third sport and the final podium place is the Kia Sonet. Sonet has registered a sales de-growth of 9 per cent in April as compared to sales from March this year. A total of 7724 units were sold last month, which is 774 units less than March 2021 sales.
The fourth place in the top 10 compact SUV sold in April 2021 is taken by the Tata Nexon. Tata's compact SUV has registered total sales of 6,938 units. It has resulted in an (MoM) Month-on-Month sales de-growth of over 20 per cent. The Nexon registered 8,683 units in March 2021.
Surprisingly, the Mahindra XUV300 has finished fifth in the sales chart with an MoM sales increase of over 60 per cent last month. The XUV300 April sales stand at 4,144 units as compared to the 2,587 units from March this year.
The introduction of the Ford EcoSport SE variant seems to have worked in favour of the brand in India. The EcoSport finishes sixth in the sales chart by registering 3,820 units sold in the last month. However, the compact SUV still registered an MoM de-growth of over 30 per cent in April 2021.
The Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger is placed in seventh and eighth places, respectively. Both share most of the components between them and are Made-in-India. The Magnite registered 2,904 units in April 2021, while the Kiger clocks 2,800 units in the same month — here is a more detailed comparison.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Honda WR-V complete the top-10 compact SUV sales chart for April 2021. The Urban Cruiser registers 2,115 units and is placed ninth on the list. While the Honda WR-V finishes tenth by registering 1,194 units sold last month.
A majority of the states and cities have announced a lockdown in wake of the second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country. Similarly, most automakers have announced a temporary halt on the production of vehicles to safeguard their workforce.
This includes showrooms and workshops as well. This has resulted in low sales volume in the last month as compared to the sales from March this year.
Thoughts About The Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India In April 2021
The compact SUV segment is washed with models from most automotive brands present in the passenger four-wheeler segment. It is the most competitive segment in India. The tough competition is seen as the Hyundai Venue takes the top spot by beating the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza by registering just 25 units more.