- 56 min ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 2 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- News Monsoon to be normal this season, says government
- Movies Ajay Devgn To Produce A Satire Titled Gobar; Actor Says 'The Film Will Compel People To Go To Theatres'
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca and Madrid wary of Haaland price
- Technology Vi Pays Remaining Licence Fee To DoT After Show-Cause Notice
- Finance NPS Nomination New Rules: All You Need To Know
- Education ICSE, ISC Exam 2021: CISCE Reconsiders Class 10, 12 Board Exam Dates, Check Details
- Lifestyle Stunner! Nora Fatehi Makes A Strong Case For The Orange Hue With Her Bodycon Dress
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
The list of India's best-selling cars for the month of February 2021 has been released. The list of the top-10 best-selling cars showcases Maruti Suzuki continuing its domination, occupying seven slots, with the three remaining slots being filled by Hyundai.
At the top of the list is the Maruti Suzuki Swift hatchback. The popular hatchback offering received a minor facelift recently, which has helped it attract more sales. The Swift hatchback 8 per cent in yearly growth with sales in February 2021 stood at 20,264 units.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno occupies the second position on the list with 20,070 units of sales in February 2021. This is a growth of 21 per cent compared to the premium hatchback's sales in February 2020 when its sales stood at much lower 16,585 units.
Another popular hatchback from Maruti Suzuki occupies the third slot, this is the brand's tall-boy offering, the WagonR. Sales of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR grew from 18,235 units last year to 18,728 units; a growth of 3 per cent in yearly comparison.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto entry-level hatchback was among the only two models in the top-10 list to register a decline in sales. Sales of the Alto fell by 6 per cent, dropping its ranking from first in January to fourth in the previous month. The hatchback registers sales of 16,919 units of sales in the previous month of February 2021.
The Hyundai Creta has managed to sneak into the top-5, registering sales of 12,428 units last month. Compared to the sales of the SUV in February 2020, this is a massive growth of over 1670 per cent. In addition, the Hyundai Creta continues to retain its position as the best-selling SUV in the Indian market for yet another consecutive month.
|8||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11,585||6,866||69|
|10||Hyundai Grand i10||10,270||10,407||-1|
The Maruti Dzire comes in below the Creta to retain its crown of the best-selling sedan in the Indian market. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire registered a 63 per cent yearly growth from 7,296 units in February 2020 to 11,901 units last month.
Seventh and eighth on the list are yet again Maruti Suzuki models. These come in the form of the Eeco in seventh and the Vitara Brezza in eighth. The Maruti Eeco van has managed to register 11,891 units of sales in February 2021, witnessing a 6 per cent increase in yearly comparison.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza regains the title of the best-selling compact-SUV int the Indian market, with a massive 69 per cent growth in yearly sales. The Vitara Brezza recorded 11,585 units of sales, edging out its rival the Hyundai Venue which occupies the ninth position which retailed 11,224 units.
The final slot is taken up by the Hyundai i10 Grand hatchback. The Grand i10 registered a marginal 1 per cent decline and registered 10,270 units of sales in the month of February 2021.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For February 2021
The list of top-selling cars in India for February 2021 has witnessed a slight reshuffle in positions. The Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Baleno have dethroned the Alto hatchback. With February 2021 witnessing a host of launches, it will be interesting to see how things pan out next month.