- 12 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies Sikander Kher Reacts To Mom Kirron Kher Resuming Work Post Battling Cancer
- Lifestyle Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Finally, 2021 has come to an end and like always Maruti Suzuki has yet again conquered the top spot in terms of sales numbers. This is not surprising as most products in Maruti Suzuki's product portfolio come under the Rs 10 lakh price bracket.
Apart from that, the brand has the largest sales and service network among all other automakers in the country. For this reason alone, many people prefer Maruti Suzuki vehicles in India.
Now, coming back to the topic, the best-selling car of the year 2021 is the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R. The 5-seater hatchback sold 1,64,213 units in 2021 to take the top spot in terms of sales volume.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R has become the default choice for many Indian car buyers as it offers great space on the inside and comes with proven reliability.
Apart from that, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R offers decent equipment levels, peppy yet fuel-efficient powertrain choices, and a little more than everything than the Maruti Suzuki Alto. This adds up and makes the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R a good value-for-money product.
The current generation of Maruti Suzuki WagonR is based on the brand's HEARTECT platform. This meant that the Indian version of the Wagon R is completely different to the Japanese version of the Wagon R.
This makes the current generation Maruti Suzuki Wagon R not only larger but more powerful as well (The Japanese version of the Suzuki Wagon R adhere to strict 'Kei' car regulations).
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR is one of India's most successful nameplates in the automobile industry. T
The current-generation Maruti Suzuki WagonR has been a substantial upgrade compared to previous generations as the Indian version of the Wagon R was no longer based on the Kei segment Suzuki Wagon R sold in Japan.
This allowed Maruti Suzuki to significantly improve the interior space and strength of the chassis without adding additional weight. In fact, the WagonR based on the HEARTECT platform was lighter than its immediate predecessor.
At present, the WagonR comes with two choices of engines, a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine with 66bhp and 90Nm of torque and a more powerful 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine with 81bhp and 113Nm of torque.
Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission as standard but an AMT gearbox can be had as an option. Apart from these options, Maruti Suzuki Wagon R also comes with a factory-fitted CNG kit.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki WagonR
Maruti Suzuki WagonR is one of the best selling hatchbacks in the country and this year it has taken the top step of the podium through its consistent month-on-month sales.
Speaking about the WagonR, it offers everything for a small family and has always been easy on the pocket.