- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 15 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 19 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- Sports England have been chasing their tail due to new rotation policy, says Cook
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G Launching At 5 PM On June 24: Features, Sale And Expected Price In India
- Education Indian Navy Admit Card 2021 For SSR And AR Released, Download At joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Movies 'Thalapathy Vijay Is A Big Fan Of Tiger Shroff; Called Him Thalaivaa,' Reveals Master Actress Malvika Mohanan
- Finance Bitcoin Plunges On China Crackdown, Wiping Off $300 Billion From Market Cap
- News Covid-19 Vaccine: India marks major milestone, Will this help fend off the third wave?
- Lifestyle Here Is The Difference Between Immunisation, Vaccination And Inoculation
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Maruti Suzuki continues its chart-topping performance by registering the highest sales in India in May 2021. Hyundai and Tata Motors also continue their consistent performance by finishing in second and third place, respectively in the sales chart.
Car sales in May 2021 have massively dipped due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The second wave of virus spread forced manufacturers to suspend manufacturing operations temporarily in the country.
Maruti Suzuki has registered 32,903 units of sales in the last month. This is a whopping 76 per cent less as compared to the April 2021 sales, which stood at 1,35,879 units. Maruti Suzuki is the only manufacturer to crack the 30,000 units sales mark in the last month.
Hyundai has registered a sales degrowth of 49 per cent in May 2021 as compared to April 2021. The company has registered 25,001 units sales in the last month, which is nearly half of what has been registered by the brand in April this year.
Tata Motors continues its consistent performance by completing third in the list. The company has registered a total of 15,180 units in sales last month. This is 40 per cent less than the sales registered in April this year, which stood at 25,096 units.
Kia India and Mahindra continue their fierce battle month on month by swapping places in fourth and fifth position in the car sales ranking chart. This month Kia India has emerged on top from Mahindra by registering 11,050 units in sales. However, Kia has suffered a de-growth of 31 per cent as compared to monthly sales.
Mahindra finishes in fifth place in the best-selling car brand in the month of May 2021. The brand has registered 8,004 units in the last month. This is 56 per cent less than the sales registered in April this year, which stood at 18,186 units.
Renault car sales improve as compared to other brands in the month of May. The company has come up a few spots up the ranking list in the last month. Renault has registered 2,620 units in the last month as compared to 8,642 units of sales from April 2021. This is a de-growth of 70 per cent.
Honda and Volkswagen have ranked seventh and eighth in the best selling car sales chart in India in May 2021. Honda registered 2,032 units with a monthly sales de-growth of 78 per cent.
On the other hand, Volkswagen registered 1,425 units in sales and has registered a monthly sales de-growth of just 7 per cent. The German manufacturer is the least affected brand in car sales last month, which had also jumped a few spots in the ranked list.
Finishing in the ninth and tenth spot is Nissan and MG Motor India, where brands have registered 1,235 units and 1,016 units, respectively. Nissan registers a sales de-growth of 63 per cent. While MG's sales decrease by 60 per cent in the last month.
Ford and Skoda have completed outside the top 10 in eleventh and twelfth place in the sales ranked chart in the last month. Both brands registered 766 and 716 units, respectively.
However, the biggest sales de-growth in the month of May 2021 has been registered by Toyota. The brand is placed thirteenth in the sales chart by registering 707 units of sales in the last month.
Completing the top-15 best selling car brands in May 2021 in India are Fiat (Jeep) and Citroen. They have registered 475 units and 40 units, respectively. A total of 1,03,170 cars have been sold in the Indian market in May 2021.
Thoughts About The Best-Selling Car Brands In India For May 2021
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country, most auto manufacturers announced non-production days for almost the entire month. The showrooms and dealerships remained shut as well. This has resulted in a massive dip of 64 per cent in monthly sales in May 2021.