- 1 hr ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 17 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Not Increase Tariff Prices Due To Less User Additions
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Still Regrets Promoting Skin Lightening Products!
- News Covaxin vaccine works against new UK COVID strain: ICMR
- Finance Auto Shares Decline As Govt Proposes Green Tax On Old Vehicles
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Give Picture Perfect Poses On Their Mehendi Ceremony In Pristine White Outfits
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the Indian market, registering the highest volume sales in the Indian market in December 2020. Hyundai and Tata Motors continue to retain their positions to complete the top-3, while Kia Motors positioned fourth in November 2020, dropped down one position, losing out to Mahindra in the process.
Maruti Suzuki was also the only carmaker in December 2020 to cross the 1 lakh sales mark. The carmaker registered 140,745 units of passenger vehicles in India last month. This is a month-on-month improvement of 3.67 per cent from November 2020, when its sales stood at 135,775 units.
Hyundai Motors India comes in second with 47,400 units of sales last month. This is however a 2.87 per cent drop in monthly sales from November 2020, which stood at 48,800 units.
Third on the list is Tata Motors, whose passenger vehicle sales for the domestic market stood at 23,546 units. This is an 8.80 per cent increase in monthly sales with over 21,300 units registered in November 2020. However, the highlight was the yearly sales growth of 84 per cent, increasing from 12,000 units in December 2019.
Mahindra registered an 11.15 per cent decline in monthly sales in December 2020. The homegrown carmaker's sales fell from 18,212 units in November 2020 to a little over 16,100 units last month. However, this was still sufficient to overtake Kia Motors and occupy the fourth position on the list.
Following an excellent November 2020 sales, December for Kia Motors fell short. The company which registered over 21,000 units of sales in November witnessed a decline of 43 per cent to 11,818 units of sales in the previous month. This also meant that Kia Motors lost out to Mahindra and occupied the fifth position on the list.
|No||OEM Wholesales||Dec'20||Nov'20||Difference||Growth (%)||Share (%) November 2020|
Renault, Honda and Toyota came in sixth, seventh and eighth position, respectively. All three car brands were separated from each other by around 1000 units difference. Renault had the highest of the three with 9,800 units, while Honda and Toyota followed with 8,638 units and 7,483 units, respectively.
MG Motor came in ninth position with 4,010 units of sales in the month of December 2020. While the final position was occupied by Volkswagen after registering a 70 per cent month-on-month improvement with 2,401 units of sales in December 2020.
Thoughts On The Highest-Selling Car Brands In India For December 2020
Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai and Tata Motors continue to dominate the Indian car market yet again, registering the highest sales in the previous month.