- 26 min ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Movies KRK Will Stop Reviewing If Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Dhawan Star In His Film To ‘Save Bollywood'
- Finance How To Find CIF ID In India Post Payment Bank Account IPPB?
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- News Baba Ka Dhaba owner’s condition stable, moved out of ICU
- Sports Top Level Volleyball to return to India with the Prime Volleyball League
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna, Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Tara Sutaria Make Us Want To Buy A Satin Slip Dress
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel Introduce Strategies To Increase APRU: Check Details Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Bentley is celebrating 75 years of manufacturing at its Crewe plant in England. Even though Bentley was officially recognised as a company almost 102 years ago way back in 1919, its Crewe plant came into existence only in 1946.
Bentley's Mark VI was the first car completely manufactured at the Crewe plant. Besides the luxurious interior, the Bentley Mark VI was offered with a pressed-steel body shell. A rarity during that period which was made possible thanks to the Crewe plant.
Before 1938, the place where Crewe Plant stood was home to thousands of potatoes, as the land was used for farming duties. It was post 1938, that the Crewe Plant was constructed for the manufacturing of Merlin aircraft engines.
This decision to manufacture the merlin aircraft engines at a separate facility played a crucial role in the Allied victory during the second World War, as the location was ideal with good supply of skilled labours and well connected transportation facilities.
Even though the manufacturing plant produced some of the best luxury cars, the Crewe plant as we know today was modernised by Volkswagen in 1998, after it acquired Bentley. Before Volkswagen took over Bentley in 1998, just 38,933 cars were built at Crewe plant.
It was only after the introduction of modern luxury cars like the Bentley Continental GT, that sales and production took-off. Bentley will soon open a new Test Centre and R&D unit at the Crewe plant to aid in the development of Bentley's future electric models.
Thoughts On Bentley Celebrating 75 Years Of Manufacturing At Crewe
Bentley is a name that is synonymous with luxury and the Crewe plant is where most of its cars were built. 75 years of manufacturing at the Crewe plant is testament to the brand's dedication in the luxury automotive industry.