- 1 hr ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Finance TDS On FD: Why It Is The Right Time To Submit Form 15G/15H?
- Lifestyle Major Teaser Launch: Sobhita Dhulipala Stuns With Her Vintage Floral Saree Look
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Movies Ashutosh Rana Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Taking First Dose Of Vaccine
- News 10 states account for 82% of COVID-19 cases
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Bentley celebrates the production of 2,00,000 cars since its inception. The luxury marque was founded in 1919 and in the last 101 years, it has produced some iconic cars for the racetrack and for the road. Now the brand has announced that it has reached another iconic milestone — production of 2,00,000 cars.
Bentley is one of the most-reputed luxury car manufacturers and is based in England. Since its inception, it has become the hallmark for ultra-luxurious cars with performance to match. Over a time-span of 100 years, the brand has given birth to several brilliant cars like the Bentley Blower, Arnage, Mulsanne, Continental GT, etc.
In 2003, Bentley launched the Continental GT, which is considered the first proper modern Bentley and it is since then that sales of the brand skyrocketed. 1,55,582 of the 2,00,000 cars produced have all been built only since 2003. This growth is a testament to the brand's dedication towards building brilliant cars. Today, Bentley retails the Continental, Flying Spur and Bentayga.
All three models and its sub-variants are all built at its headquarters and production facility located at Crewe, in Cheshire, England. The brand now produces around 85 cars a day. Bentley's car number 2,00,000 is a Bentayga Hybrid, destined to be shipped to the Chinese market.
To celebrate the 2,00,000 milestone, the brand brought down the oldest surviving Bentley - an EXP 2 - to the factory along with some of the longest-serving Bentley employees to meet the landmark Bentayga hybrid.
Adrian Hallmark, Chairman and CEO of Bentley was quoted as saying, "This production of the 200,000th car is just the latest landmark on the extraordinary journey that Bentley has been travelling since its foundation in 1919. The pace of progress has accelerated significantly since 2003 and we are now entering the next period of transformation as we pursue our Beyond100 strategy, with the aim of positioning Bentley as the global leader in sustainable luxury mobility."
Bentley aims to transform into an electric vehicle manufacturer by 2030, with only electric vehicles making up its entire portfolio.
Thoughts About Bentley's 2,00,000 Cars Production Milestone
Bentley makes some of the most desirable luxury cars in the world. For a luxury car manufacturer, the 2,00,000 cars production milestone is a big one as these cars don't sell as well as mass-production vehicles. It doesn't seem like Bentley's growth will slow down anytime soon thanks to its EV plan for the future.