- 34 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Govts of Assam, Mizoram agree on deployment of neutral central force along disturbed border
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Women's 25M Pistol precision events on July 29; list of Indian shooters, timings, format
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Bajaj Auto announces the upcoming launch of the Chetak electric scooter in Nagpur via its social media account. Ahead of its launch, prices for the electric scooter are revealed and start at Rs 1.49 lakh on-road.
- Urbane: Rs 1.49 lakh
- Premium: Rs 1.51 lakh
All prices mentioned are on-road (Nagpur)
The exact launch date is yet to be announced and is expected to be revealed in the coming days. However, Interested customers can visit the brand's website and register their interest in buying the Chetak electric scooter.
Apart from Nagpur, the company is also gearing up to launch the scooter in Hyderabad and Chennai as well. The e-scooter is currently available in Pune, Mangalore, Bangalore, Mysore, Aurangabad and now Nagpur.
The electric scooters are being sold exclusively across all KTM dealerships in all cities and will be sold in the same fashion in the new and upcoming cities as well.
Specifications, Range & Charging
Speaking about the scooter itself, the Chetak is powered by a 4kW electric motor paired with a 3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces a peak torque of 16Nm and offers a maximum riding range of 95km on a single charge.
The e-scooter also comes equipped with fast-charging technology. The company claims that the scooter will have enough juice to travel 25kms with an hour of charge.
Features & Mechanicals
The Chetak features a retro design with contoured body panels paying homage to the IC engine scooters sold in the past. Some of the features of the Chetak EV include:
- Round-shaped LED headlamps
- Integrated DRLs
- LED taillights & turn indicators
- Digital instrument clusters
- Feather-touch-activated switches
- Chrome trims around headlamp
Regarding the mechanicals, the suspension duties on the scooter are handled via a single side tubular suspension at the front, and a mono-shock set up at the rear. Braking on the electric scooter is done via a disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the rear.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Nagpur Prices Revealed Ahead Of Launch
The demand for electric scooters is growing at a rapid pace across all segments in India. Additionally, more brands are introducing premium electric scooters in the country such as OLA and Simple Energy. As a result, Bajaj is looking to rapidly expand the sales of Chetak across the country in the coming months.
The Chetak rivals the Ather 450X, TVS iQube and the upcoming OLA electric scooter and the Simple One in India.