- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Technology List Of Smartphones To Expected To Launch In December 2021
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
German luxury carmaker Audi will launch the facelifted Q5 SUV in India on the 23rd of November. Customers can currently book the facelifted Audi Q5 at their dealership or online for Rs 2 lakh.
The facelifted Audi Q5 was revealed to the world last year in June 2020. In the Indian market, the SUV will arrive with two trim packages — Premium Plus and Technology. We expect the locally assembled facelifted Audi Q5 to be priced around Rs 52-55 lakh (ex-showroom) for the entry-level variant.
The Audi Q5 for India will be offered with a solitary 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine option. The 2.0-litre petrol engine in the new Audi Q5 pushes out 249bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. The engine sends power to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual clutch automatic gearbox and Audi's quattro all-wheel drive system.
The engine also features a 12V mild hybrid system which boosts power and fuel economy figures. The diesel engine of the pre-facelifted SUV has been ditched as per the VW Group's move away from diesel propulsion.
The facelifted Audi Q5 remains unchanged in terms of dimensions. The Q5 is 4,663mm long, 1,893mm wide and 1,653mm tall. The SUV's wheelbase is 2,819mm long.
Things that have changed on the facelifted Q5 SUV include the headlights and taillamps which feature new designs, reprofiled front and rear bumpers, a larger grille with chunky vertical slats and new 19-inch alloy wheels. The design of the interior gets a few tweaks and a whole load more tech.
The Premium Plus variant will get a 10.1-inch infotainment display with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as standard. The infotainment system, which features the latest version of Audi's MIB platform (MIB version 3) will come connected to a 10-speaker sound system. Other features include three-zone climate control, sunroof and a powered tailgate among others.
The Technology trim turns the dial up to 11. In this trim, the Q5 features Audi's Digital Driver's Display, wireless charging for phones and Bang & Olufson 3D surround sound system with a 755-watt output from 19 speakers. The technology trim also adds the Audi Digital Pass, which allows owners to unlock and start their new Q5 with their smartphones. The top trim Q5 also sports parking assist as standard.
All Q5s will come standard with eight airbags, a tyre pressure monitoring system, front and rear parking sensors, a rear-view camera for parking, cruise control, anti-lock brakes (ABS), EBD and Hill Hold Assist.
Audi has already started local assembly of the facelifted Q5 at its facility near Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The Audi Q5 will be pitted against the likes of the Mercedes GLC, BMW X3, Land Rover Discovery Sport, and the Volvo XC60.
Thoughts On The Facelifted Audi Q5
The new Audi Q5 for India brings with it a facelifted design and a host of new features. The design tweaks give the SUV a more chunky look and the wholesome tech upgrades will make the new Q5 a more wholesome option for buyers in the segment. The lack of a diesel engine shouldn't hinder sales considering the current fuel rates, which don't really make owning a diesel car that much more profitable.