- 10 min ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year: Here Are The New Prices!
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Sells Most Number Of Factory-Fitted CNG Cars: 1.57 Lakh Cars Sold In FY20-21
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 14 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit Nene Looks Splendid In A Pink Metallic Lehenga And It’s Price Can Afford You A Foreign Trip!
- News List of states that have cancelled, postponed Class 10, 12 board exams
- Sports AFC Champions League 2021: Gritty FC Goa hold formidable Al Rayyan
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Says Partial Lockdown In Maharashtra Will Affect Schedules, 'But Shall Prevail Eventually'
- Finance LIC's Alert: Don't Attend To Calls From Unverified Sources
- Technology Moto G60, Moto G40 Fusion Spotted On Geekbench; Official Teaser Out In India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Audi has announced the launch timeline for its upcoming all-electric offerings, the e-Tron SUV and the e-Tron Sportback. While the new Audi e-Tron SUV is scheduled to go on sale in the coming weeks, the e-Tron Sportback will be launched a bit later by mid-2021.
The car first made its debut in India back in 2019 and was expected to arrive in 2020. However, the plans had to be postponed amidst the pandemic and the subsequent lockdown. Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, Audi has dropped its first teaser video of the upcoming all-electric SUV from Germany.
Both the Audi e-Tron and e-Tron Sportback receive the same underpinnings. However, the Sportback as the name suggests features a redesigned rear profile, along with a coupe-like sloping roofline.
Internationally, Audi offers the e-Tron in a choice of three variants: 50, 55 and S; all offered with ‘Quattro' all-wheel-drive system as standard across. The company, however, is yet to inform the variants which will be making it to Indian shores.
Speaking about the powertrain, the e-Tron SUV and Sportback models are powered by the same motor and battery pack configuration. This includes a 125kW electric motor at the front and a 140kW motor at the back. The dual motors are further paired with a 95kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
This offers power and torque figures of 355bhp and 561Nm of peak torque, respectively. The car also comes with a boost mode, which increases the figures to 408bhp and 664Nm of peak torque. The e-Tron also claims a 0 - 100km/h sprint in 5.7 seconds while reaching a top speed of 200km/h. The electric SUV also claims a maximum range of 452km on a single charge.
The Audi e-Tron and e-Tron Sportback come with both standard and fast-charging capabilities. While the standard charger takes 10 hours to charge the SUV to 100%, the DC fast-charger charges the e-Tron from 0 - 80% in just 30 mins.
Thoughts On The Audi e-Tron & e-Tron Sportback India Launch
The Audi e-Tron SUV will be the brand's first all-electric offering in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the e-Tron will rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz EQC and the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace models.