- 8 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 14 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Naane Varuven: The Dhanush-Selvaraghavan Project To Start Rolling On August 20
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Audi is gearing up to launch the e-Tron electric SUV in the Indian market. The e-Tron getting listed on the brand's website points to the imminent India launch. The e-Tron will be the brand first all-electric offering in the country.
The company has already showcased the e-Tron electric SUV in 2019. It was initially expected to arrive in 2020. However, the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has delayed the launch of the luxury electric SUV in India.
Ahead of its launch, Audi had also teased the e-Tron electric SUV in India. The company will also bring the Sportback version of the e-Tron at a later date to the country. Both models feature the same underpinnings albeit with a different design.
Speaking about the electric SUV's powertrain, the Audi e-Tron will feature two electric motors. This includes a 125kW motor at the front and a 140kW motor at the rear. Both motors produce a combined output of 408bhp of power and 664Nm of torque with all four wheels being driven.
The electric motors are coupled to a 95kWh Lithium-ion battery that can be charged to 80 per cent in 30 minutes via a DC fast charger. A regular home charger takes roughly 10 hours to completely charge the battery (100%). The electric SUV can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 5.7seconds, and continue to reach a top speed of 200kmph.
The e-Tron features a sleek-looking octagon-shaped front grille with flaps for air cooling. The electric SUV also features a sloping roof-line, an LED bar across the boot, blind-spot monitoring, LED headlamps with Audi's Matrix technology, and 20-inch spoke alloy wheels.
On the inside, the interiors of the Audi e-Tron feature multiple touchscreens, a premium Bang & Olufsen sound system, and more. It also features different power modes and regenerative braking.
Other features include multiple climate control, voice-assisted connected technology electric sunroof, wireless smartphone charging, the brand's virtual cockpit fully digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, ABS, traction control, stability control and more. The electric SUV is also expected to receive a couple of active safety features as well.
The Audi e-Tron measures 4.9-meters in length and can seat five occupants. The electric SUV is longer than the Q5 SUV in the brand's line-up. The SUV is also practical by offering boot space of 660-litres, which can be increased to 1,725-litres by folding the second-row seats.
Thoughts About The Audi e-Tron Electric SUV Listed On Indian Website Ahead Of Launch
The Audi e-Tron's launch has been on the brand's pipeline for a long time. The website listing on the Indian website points to the imminent launch of the electric SUV. Once launched the e-Tron will rival the Mercedes-Benz EQC, Jaguar i-Pace and the upcoming Volvo XC40 Recharge and Tesla Model 3.