- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 3 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Technology Flipkart Smartphone Carnival April: Offer On Best Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Finance All You Need To Know About SBI Zero Balance Savings Account
- Movies Aditya Seal On His Wedding Plans With Girlfriend Anushka Ranjan: There Is A Lot To Achieve And Prove
- News Monsoon to be normal this season, says government
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca and Madrid wary of Haaland price
- Education ICSE, ISC Exam 2021: CISCE Reconsiders Class 10, 12 Board Exam Dates, Check Details
- Lifestyle Stunner! Nora Fatehi Makes A Strong Case For The Orange Hue With Her Bodycon Dress
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
23-year-old Indian racing driver, Arjun Maini, will be entering the 2021 DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters) season. He will be racing for Mercedes-AMG Performance Team GetSpeed in the season.
The former Haas F1 Team Development Driver will be racing in the DTM season driving the Mercedes-AMG GT3, which sports the Indian tri-colour as well. The Indian racer is currently backed by JK Racing. Maini will become the first Indian to race in the DTM series full-time.
The DTM racing season will be held in Germany and other parts of Europe. It will consist of 8 rounds with 16 races, with the first race weekend held on June 18 to 20, in Monza, Italy. The race will be held on other tracks such as Norisring, Lausitzring, Zolder, Nurburgring, Red Bull Ring and Assen. The final race of the season will be held at the Hockenheimring in October.
Maini started his racing career back in the year 2006 racing karts. He won the Indian junior championship in 2011. His career took a major turn when he won the One from a Billion Hunt competition run by Team Force India.
He then later entered the F4 British Championship, making his entry to the single-seater racing format. He ended the season in second place, just three points behind teammate and current Formula 1 driver George Russell.
He then progressed and ended in the FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2018 and 2019. Arjun also raced in the Asian Le Mans Series Series with Racing Team India earlier this year. He will also compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans later this year.
Arjun Maini said, "I am absolutely delighted to be driving for Mercedes-AMG with Getspeed in DTM. My first real experience of the championship came in 2015 when I was competing in Formula 3 and we drove on the same weekend as DTM. The atmosphere was something I had never experienced before."
He further added, "I feel privileged to finally live out one of my dreams. The series enjoys a fine reputation around the world and is the perfect opportunity for me to test myself against rapid GT3 drivers.
The icing on the cake is obviously the fact that I will be racing in the championship with one of the best car brands on the planet. Mercedes-AMG needs no introduction and I'm looking forward to what I hope will be a long and successful partnership."
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said: "It's a moment of immense pride and excitement for us at Mercedes-Benz India, that Arjun Maini is participating in the upcoming 2021 DTM season, driving the thrilling Mercedes-AMG GT3 for Mercedes-AMG Performance Team GetSpeed."
He further added, "He will be the first Indian to compete in the DTM and it is highly satisfying to see Indian racers making their impressive mark by competing against the very best of motorsports talents across the world.
At the highest levels of internationally acclaimed motorsports events like the DTM, this accomplishment by Arjun is indeed inspiring for aspiring and budding motorsports talents in the country."
Thoughts About The Arjun Maini To Enter 2021 DTM Season With Mercedes-AMG Team GetSpeed
Arjun Maini will be the first Indian to enter the DTM Germain touring car racing. This fills us with immense pleasure that Indian racing is expanding to other formats. DriveSpark wishes Arjun the best and for a successful season.