- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News India plans studies, expeditions in unheld areas to counter China
- Finance Nifty Opens 180 Points Higher; RailTel Gains 11%
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Movies Golden Globes 2021 Winners List Live Updates: Minari, The Crown And Shitt's Creek Lead With Big Wins
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For March 1, 2021: Win Amazon Pay Balance Of Rs. 10,000
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Mahindra launched the new-generation Thar last year in October. Since the time of launch, the new Thar has gained a lot of traction in the Indian market. The model got over 6,000 bookings in January 2021 alone. Now, Mahindra & Mahindra has announced that the all-new Mahindra Thar has received over 39,000 bookings since its inception.
Mahindra has launched the much-awaited all-new 2020 Thar in the Indian market. The 2020 Thar is available in three variants with prices starting at Rs 9.80 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The new Mahindra Thar is offered in six colour options. The Thar AX series will cater to off-road enthusiasts who are looking for a bare-bone SUV with minimum electronic assistance. While the LX will cater to the remaining audience who would want to use the SUV every day, making it the ultimate urban cruiser.
Mechanically, the all-new Mahindra Thar is powered by both petrol and diesel engines. It includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All variants come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive systems with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Mahindra is offering the Thar AX series with both engine options paired to a manual transmission. The automatic transmission options are offered only on the top-spec LX series. However, the LX variant misses out on manual transmission with a petrol engine configuration.
On the outside, the updated SUV features a revised front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, 18-inch wheels and tail lamps. The company is also providing the off-roader with a factory-fitted hardtop for the very first time. The company is also offering the new Thar in various seating configurations. It includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant.
Other features on the new Thar includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transfer case, semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers and many more.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Thar Crossing A New Milestone
The all-new Mahindra Thar is one of the best off-roader present in the country. Now, the new Thar features a lot of changes that include a lot of creature comforts that were missing from the previous generation model. We are sure that the New That will achieve new milestones in the near future.