- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 Actor Nakuul Mehta Shares An Update About His Health, Thanks Fans For Their Wishes
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
The 2022 Indian Auto Expo has been postponed. This is due to the threat from the third wave of COVID-19. The decision to postpone the biennial event comes from the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) after consulting with automotive manufacturers in India.
Back in 2020, the Auto Expo 2020 was scheduled before the pandemic hit our country. However, a few exhibitors couldn't participate due to the prevailing pandemic in their respective countries.
The Auto Expo is one of the country's largest B2C (Business to Consumer) events. It is the largest event for the automotive industry and a large crowd is expected to show up at the expo. Social distancing isn't really a possibility and this can cause the accelerated spread of the virus in the country as interested people from all over the country can attend the expo.
A statement released by the SIAM said, "Auto Expo - The Motor Show 2022 is currently scheduled from 2nd - 9th February 2022 at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida. Safety of Exhibitors, Visitors and all stakeholders involved and present at the Expo is the topmost priority for SIAM. It is in this context that the Indian Automobile Industry and SIAM recognises the inherent risks in organising the Auto Expo due to the on-going Covid-19 Pandemic and the apprehensions of a possible 3rd Wave."
The statement also mentioned the uncertainty of the third wave in the country and the time required for organising such a huge event in the country. "There is uncertainty around how COVID-19 would develop in the coming months and at the same time organising Auto Expo would need a lead time of preferably a year."
Also, Auto Expo is like a festival of celebration for the Indian Automobile Industry and we look forward to receiving maximum people with no fear of spread of infection."
The magnitude of the risk of spread of infection is extremely high in a B2C show like Auto Expo which is visited by large crowds and maintaining social distance would be difficult. It has therefore been decided to postpone the Auto Expo - The Motor Show for now.
The exact date for the next edition of Auto Expo - The Motor Show would be finalised later this year keeping in view the Covid situation and in alignment with the OICA Calendar of global Auto shows.
Thoughts On 2022 Indian Auto Expo Being Postponed
It is encouraging to see how private companies are coming together at the time of pandemic to slow down the spread of the virus despite knowing that their decisions may affect their growth.
It is also our duty not to be bogged down by the pandemic and do what we can to stop the spread of the virus. The 2022 Auto Expo might be delayed, but rest assured, it will happen.