- 7 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 12 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Lifestyle Health Benefits Of Mosambi Sweet Lime Juice: Treating Dehydration To Indigestion And More
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Tata Motors launches the 2021 Tigor EV at Rs 11.99 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The electric compact sedan is offered in three variants and two colour options with a maximum claimed driving range of 306km.
Variants & Pricing
XM: Rs 12.49 lakh
XZ+: Rs 12.99 lakh
XZ+ Dual-Tone: Rs 13.14 lakh
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). Bookings are currently being accepted for a token amount of Rs 21,000 with deliveries said to begin soon.
- Daytona Grey
Speaking about the new Tigor EV's electric powertrain, it is will be using the brand' high voltage Ziptron architecture that power the Nexon EV. The electric sedan uses a 26kWh lithium-ion battery pack paired to a 55kW electric motor. This produces 74bhp and 170Nm of peak torque and is claimed to accelerate from 0-60kmph in 5.7 seconds.
The fast-charging capability allows the battery to be charged from 0-80 per cent in under one hour while the regular 15A charger enables the car to be charged from 0-80 per cent in 8.5 hours.
The Tata Tigor EV comes with a claimed range of 306 kilometres on a fully charged battery. This range is tested and certified by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI). However, ARAI testes vehicles under ideal conditions and it is difficult to find such conditions in the real world. So, we expect the range to drop by a significant margin in real-world conditions.
The 2021 Tigor EV has undergone a host of changes inside and out. The exterior changes include:
- LED DRLs
- Blacked-out ORVMs
- New front grille with a tri-arrow design
- LED taillamps
- Shark-fin antenna
- Coloured accents
- New alloy wheels
Interior & Technology
On the inside, the new Tigor EV is revamped with new upholstery along with a beige & black theme. It also features contrast stitching on the seats, dashboard and door panels. Other features include:
- Digital instrument cluster
- Automatic climate control
- IRA connected technology
- 30+ connected features
- Mobile charging ports
- Steering mounted controls
- Cruise control
- 316-litre boot space
Tata cars are known to be the safest in the industry and the new Tigor EV will be no different. It will most likely borrow all the safety features from its petrol-powered counterpart. This includes:
- ABS with EBD
- Stability control
- ISOFIX child-seat anchors
- Corner Stability Control
- Hill Ascent & Descent Assist
- Seat-belt reminder
The Tata Tigor EV is one of the safest cars in the market today. It gets a 4 Star certification from GNCAP and that makes it the safest car in its segment. The electric sedan also comes with a rear crash-compatible structure.
Regarding warranty, the company is also offering an 8-year/1,60,000km warranty on the battery pack, which is also IP67 rated for dust and water resistance. However, the electric sedan is offered with a 3-year/1,25,000km
Thoughts On 2021 Tata Tigor EV Being Launched In India
The electric vehicle market in India is slowly maturing and manufacturers like Tata Motors are giving it their best shot with new products like the Tigor EV. The new Tigor EV gets more features, a long range, and decent charging times, making it an ideal purchase in today's times where fuel prices have touched the skies and are aiming beyond.