- 1 hr ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 6 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 24 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Sports Delhi’s Rohit Mor stuns Hussamuddin, clinches gold at 5th Elite Men’s National Boxing Championships
- Movies Pratik Gandhi On Why He Chose Bhavai Script
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- News Joe Biden bets on rapid COVID tests but they can be hard to find
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
- Finance Pension Alert: Dearness Relief For These CPF Beneficiaries Hiked To 356% Of Basic Ex-Gratia
Tata Motors is gearing up for the re-launch of the Tiago NRG. It is a slightly more rugged version of the standard Tiago hatchback. The Tiago NRG was discontinued back in January 2020, ahead of the launch of the facelifted Tiago.
Fast forward to mid-2021, Tata Motors is looking forward to re-launching the rugged-looking version of the Tata Tiago. Like the last Tiago NRG, the upcoming Tiago NRG will sport similar all-round black plastic body cladding for a rugged appearance.
However, we are not sure whether Tata will add a black cladding on the boot like the previous version. Speaking of carryovers, you can be sure that the new Tiago NRG will have an increased ground clearance over the standard Tiago to help it in tackling rougher roads.
The Tiago NRG's interior will be identical to the standard Tiago. However, for the purpose of differentiating the NRG from the regular model, expect Tata Motors to add some sporty elements like bright-coloured accents and different design fabrics/material on the seat.
We expect a bunch of these changes to be around the seats, AC vents, gear lever and steering wheel. Through this, the NRG can be visually distinguished from the regular model without spending too much time and resources.
Features wise, expect the Tiago NRG to mimic the Tiago which it is based on. The top-end variant will come with all necessary features such as a 7-inch infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, steering mounted controls, Harman music system , climate control and many more.
Safety wise also the NRG will mirror the standard model with dual airbags, ABS & EBD, reverse camera and parking sensors. Other than the ride height, the new Tiago NRG is very unlikely to receive other mechanical changes.
So, it will continue to be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine with 84.8PS and 113Nm. The front wheels are driven by a 5-speed gearbox. Since, the new Tiago NRG is mostly a visual update, expect Tata to price it at a slight premium.
Thoughts On Tata Tiago NRG Being Launched Soon
With the new Tiago NRG, Tata will directly compete with the Celerio X to capture the ‘niche' sub-segment. The Tata Tiago NRG will look more rugged and this is quite pleasing to a certain set of hatchback buyers.