- 3 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 4 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 6 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- News PM Modi to attend G20 Summit from Oct 29-31, then leaves to Glasgow for COP26 climate talks
- Sports Narender enters pre-quarters at the 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Movies Jai Bhim: Suriya Shares The Reason Behind Playing An Advocate For The First Time In His Career!
- Technology Honor X30i With Dimensity 810 5G SoC, 90Hz Display Officially Announced; Price, Full Specifications
- Education Deepawali 2021: Essay On Diwali - The Festival Of Lights For Students
- Lifestyle What Is Trichotillomania Or Hair-Pulling Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Finance Major Cryptos Recover From Fall; Shiba Inu Surge Over 40%
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
The all-new 2021 Skoda Octavia is all set to hit the Indian market in a few days. However, the launch of the new Octavia was postponed due to the ongoing second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The new sedan was supposed to launch in the month of April this year. Ahead of the official announcement, the 2021 Octavia has started to arrive at several showrooms in the country. The third-generation Skoda Octavia is based on the updated MQB platform.
However, according to the latest report by TeamBHP, the upcoming sedan has been spied once again. This time around the spy images are of the interiors of the car and we can see that the sedan will be offered with quite a lot of changes. The 2021 Octavia will be offered in the top-spec Laurin & Klement trim and a new Lava Blue paint job. The one in the spy pictures is in the Candy White shade.
On the inside, the sedan will get a large floating infotainment system, beige dashboard, a fully digital instrument cluster, a two-spoke steering wheel wrapped in leather and many more. It also gets gloss black inserts on the centre portion of the dashboard, door pads, and the centre console. Overall, the sedan gets a completely different interior than the previous-gen model.
Mechanically, the company is not giving the sedan a mere engine update. Instead, it is launching an all-new generation of the sedan with new design, features and powertrain options. The older diesel engines have been discontinued. The 2021 Octavia will now be powered by the brand's TSI turbo-petrol engine. However, it is yet to be known if the sedan will be offered in two engine options or a single top-spec powertrain.
The engines in question are the 1.5-litre and the 2.0-litre turbo-petrol units. The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia Being launched In India
The Covid-19 cases are increasing at a rapid rate in the country. All measures have to be taken to contain the spread of the deadly virus. Skoda's decision to delay the launch of the Octavia is certainly commendable and once launched, the new Octavia will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Elantra in India.