- 14 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 16 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- Technology Realme 8s Renders Leak Revealing Possible Design
- Movies Radhe Shyam Release Date Is Here! Prabhas-Pooja Hegde’s Romantic Drama To Hit Cinemas On January 14
- News Polls in PoK a cosmetic exercise says India
- Sports Tokyo 2020: MP Jabir finishes seventh in 400M hurdles heats; fails to qualify
- Education SEBA Result 2021: Check Assam HSLC Result 2021 Link And Download Marksheet
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy With Upside Potential of 17%, Says ICICI Direct
- Lifestyle Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Her Two Stunning Outfits; Which Look Did You Like More
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Skoda India is yet to update its complete line-up of vehicles available in BS4 times to meet BS6 standards. This includes the brand's popular sedan model, the Octavia. The new-generation model of the Octavia will be launching soon in the Indian market.
However, according to the latest report by TeamBHP, the 2021 Skoda Octavia was showcased to the dealers ahead of its launch in India. It was like a pre-launch activity with a private unveiling of the car. However, as seen in the images, we get to see the fourth generation, Skoda Octavia.
Starting with the front fascia, the new Octavia now features a sleeker design as compared to its previous generation model. The butterfly grille is now wider and sharper as compared to the old-gen model. The front bumper design is also changed and now houses a wider air dam along with horizontal LED fog lamps placed on either side with a thin chrome strip connecting both units. It also gets the company's matrix LED headlight units.
At the rear, the new 2021 Octavia features a new sharper-looking boot lid. The new bold Skoda lettering spreads across the length of the boot. The sedan also receives a new alloy wheel design that looks pretty striking and will catch one's attention quickly.
On the inside, the 2021 Octavia gets an all-new cabin layout with the brand's latest features and technology. This includes the new two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls for audio and other functions. The new instrument cluster now features a 10.25-inch display featuring the brand's cockpit design. The sedan also features another 10.25-inch screen for the touchscreen infotainment display.
The new-gen Octavia is likely to be offered with two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. The 1.5-litre TSI, four-cylinder, petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp of power and a peak torque of 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. While the top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp of power and 320Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia
The new-generation Skoda Octavia features a host of design changes, new equipment and technologies over its previous generation model. As a result, the upcoming sedan model is expected to be priced much higher. Once launched, the 2021 Octavia will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Elantra, which is the only other sedan sold in the segment in India.