- 14 hrs ago Citroen CC21 Compact-SUV Spied Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Renault Kiger Waiting Period Increases: 16-Week Waiting Period For The Small SUV
- 19 hrs ago New Kia Cars Finance Offers Announced In India In July 2021: Partners With ICICI & Yes Banks
- 22 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Price Increase Announced: 2 Percent Price Hike Effective From August
- Finance Fuel Prices Unmoved For 14 Days Now
- News Kerala News Live Updates: Complete weekend lockdown begins today as COVID cases spike
- Sports Tokyo 2020: India's Kamalpret Kaur qualifies for discus throw final
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Spoiler: Sapna-Dhruv Become The Third & Last Ideal Match; Samarthya Gets Eliminated!
- Technology Friendship Day Gift Ideas: Budget Smartphones Gift Your Best Friend
- Education CBSE 12th Marksheet: How To Download CBSE 12th Marksheet Online?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
- Lifestyle Food Combinations That Are Bad For Your Kid's Health
The Skoda Kushaq will launch on June 28 in India at 11:00 a.m., confirmed Zac Hollis, Director of Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda India via Twitter.
Bookings open at launch, and deliveries will begin from July 2021.
The Kushaq is the first model under the brand's India 2.0 strategy, and will be competitively priced. We expect prices to start at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Kushaq uses a tweaked version of the brand's renowned MQB platform. The MQB A0 IN has a longer wheelbase platform developed to suit the Indian market.
The Kushaq looks rugged with all-around body cladding and Skoda's signature butterfly grille, flanked on either side by sleek headlamps.
The rear gets a split-style LED taillamp, large SKODA lettering and a faux skid plate. Other features include roof rails with a blacked-out roof and stylish alloy wheels.
Interior & Features
The in-car touchscreen infotainment system will come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with a TFT display for the instrument cluster.
Other features include:
- Automatic climate control
- Rear air conditioning vents
- Electric sunroof
- Multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls
- Cruise control
- Power-operated seats
Engine & Transmission Options
The Kushaq is expected to arrive in two engines and transmission options. A 1-litre (three-cylinder) engine producing 108bhp and 175Nm torque, paired to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit.
And a 1.5-litre engine producing 150bhp and 250Nm torque, paired to a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq India Launch On June 28
We expected the Skoda Kushaq to arrive early 2021, but the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic delayed the launch. The Skoda Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun. So far, the Kushaq looks good on paper - stay tuned!