- 59 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir: Amit Shah speaks to Lieutenant Governor to take stock of situation
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Skoda Kushaq will launch on June 28 in India at 11:00 a.m., confirmed Zac Hollis, Director of Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda India via Twitter.
Bookings open at launch, and deliveries will begin from July 2021.
The Kushaq is the first model under the brand's India 2.0 strategy, and will be competitively priced. We expect prices to start at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Kushaq uses a tweaked version of the brand's renowned MQB platform. The MQB A0 IN has a longer wheelbase platform developed to suit the Indian market.
The Kushaq looks rugged with all-around body cladding and Skoda's signature butterfly grille, flanked on either side by sleek headlamps.
The rear gets a split-style LED taillamp, large SKODA lettering and a faux skid plate. Other features include roof rails with a blacked-out roof and stylish alloy wheels.
Interior & Features
The in-car touchscreen infotainment system will come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with a TFT display for the instrument cluster.
Other features include:
- Automatic climate control
- Rear air conditioning vents
- Electric sunroof
- Multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls
- Cruise control
- Power-operated seats
Engine & Transmission Options
The Kushaq is expected to arrive in two engines and transmission options. A 1-litre (three-cylinder) engine producing 108bhp and 175Nm torque, paired to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit.
And a 1.5-litre engine producing 150bhp and 250Nm torque, paired to a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq India Launch On June 28
We expected the Skoda Kushaq to arrive early 2021, but the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic delayed the launch. The Skoda Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun. So far, the Kushaq looks good on paper - stay tuned!