- 23 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 24 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- News Despite flooding, India's rainfall ends below normal in July
- Sports Boxers' rhythm affected by COVID lockdown, will focus on mental strength: BFI President on mixed bag in Tokyo
- Finance PSU Banks Raise A Record Rs 58,700 Crore From Markets In FY'21
- Movies Raj Surani Signs Pawandeep Rajan, Arunita Kanjilal And Shanmukhapriya For 20 Songs
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
The Skoda Kushaq will launch on June 28 in India at 11:00 a.m., confirmed Zac Hollis, Director of Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda India via Twitter.
Bookings open at launch, and deliveries will begin from July 2021.
The Kushaq is the first model under the brand's India 2.0 strategy, and will be competitively priced. We expect prices to start at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Kushaq uses a tweaked version of the brand's renowned MQB platform. The MQB A0 IN has a longer wheelbase platform developed to suit the Indian market.
The Kushaq looks rugged with all-around body cladding and Skoda's signature butterfly grille, flanked on either side by sleek headlamps.
The rear gets a split-style LED taillamp, large SKODA lettering and a faux skid plate. Other features include roof rails with a blacked-out roof and stylish alloy wheels.
Interior & Features
The in-car touchscreen infotainment system will come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with a TFT display for the instrument cluster.
Other features include:
- Automatic climate control
- Rear air conditioning vents
- Electric sunroof
- Multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls
- Cruise control
- Power-operated seats
Engine & Transmission Options
The Kushaq is expected to arrive in two engines and transmission options. A 1-litre (three-cylinder) engine producing 108bhp and 175Nm torque, paired to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit.
And a 1.5-litre engine producing 150bhp and 250Nm torque, paired to a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq India Launch On June 28
We expected the Skoda Kushaq to arrive early 2021, but the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic delayed the launch. The Skoda Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun. So far, the Kushaq looks good on paper - stay tuned!