- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Bike Prices Hiked For The Third Time This Year: Model-Wise New Vs Old Price List
- 2 hrs ago Bugatti Divo Production Ends — 40th Unit Of The Hypercar Rolls Off The Production Line
- 3 hrs ago Honda Amaze Facelift India Launch On August 17: Expected Price, Changes, New Features & More
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen Taigun India Launch Timeline Confirmed: Expected Price, Two Engine Options Available
- Sports Who is Mirabai Chanu? Know The Success Story, Age, State, World Rankings, Records, Stats and More
- Movies Dwayne Johnson Confirms He Won't Return To Fast & Furious Franchise Amid Feud With Vin Diesel
- News Bank holiday 2021: Banks to remain shut on these days , know the dates
- Technology Is Flying To Space The Coolest Thing Humans Have Ever Done?
- Education Want To Become A Tattoo Artist? Check Out Skills Required And Career Opportunities
- Finance 4 Stocks That Broking Firms Are Bullish And Have A "Buy" Rating
- Lifestyle Vitamin E Deficiency: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In August
The Skoda Kushaq will launch on June 28 in India at 11:00 a.m., confirmed Zac Hollis, Director of Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda India via Twitter.
Bookings open at launch, and deliveries will begin from July 2021.
The Kushaq is the first model under the brand's India 2.0 strategy, and will be competitively priced. We expect prices to start at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Kushaq uses a tweaked version of the brand's renowned MQB platform. The MQB A0 IN has a longer wheelbase platform developed to suit the Indian market.
The Kushaq looks rugged with all-around body cladding and Skoda's signature butterfly grille, flanked on either side by sleek headlamps.
The rear gets a split-style LED taillamp, large SKODA lettering and a faux skid plate. Other features include roof rails with a blacked-out roof and stylish alloy wheels.
Interior & Features
The in-car touchscreen infotainment system will come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with a TFT display for the instrument cluster.
Other features include:
- Automatic climate control
- Rear air conditioning vents
- Electric sunroof
- Multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls
- Cruise control
- Power-operated seats
Engine & Transmission Options
The Kushaq is expected to arrive in two engines and transmission options. A 1-litre (three-cylinder) engine producing 108bhp and 175Nm torque, paired to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit.
And a 1.5-litre engine producing 150bhp and 250Nm torque, paired to a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq India Launch On June 28
We expected the Skoda Kushaq to arrive early 2021, but the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic delayed the launch. The Skoda Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun. So far, the Kushaq looks good on paper - stay tuned!