- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Sales Report (November 2022) - Sales Up By 14.26%
- 7 hrs ago Upcoming Electric Scooters & Motorcycles In India – Future Sure Looks Electrifying
- 10 hrs ago Mercedes GLB Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 63.8 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Top 5 Upcoming CNG Cars In India – Brezza, Carens, & More
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: Angry Fans Lash At Dhanalakshmi As She Hits Shivin; Watch Video
- News KCR's daughter Kavitha gets CBI summons in Delhi liquor scam
- Sports PKL 2022: Gujarat Giants dent Patna Pirates playoff hopes with 40-34 victory
- Lifestyle New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- Finance Buy This Small Cap Gas Distribution Stock For High Returns, Target Price Rs 1,082, Says Geojit
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
Skoda is gearing up to launch the much-awaited Kodiaq facelifted SUV in India. Ahead of its launch, the Kodiaq BS6 model has been spotted testing undisguised for the first time in the country.
The latest set of spy images that have surfaced online showcases the test mule of the upcoming 2021 Skoda Kodiaq in a grey paint scheme that is similar to the one offered on the Superb.
Other exterior changes noticed from the spy images include a new blacked-out butterfly grille, restyled headlamps, blacked-out ORVMs and split LED taillights. The facelifted SUV will also feature a new multi-spoke alloy wheel design.
The interiors of the Kodiaq BS6 seems to be similar to the BS4 model. However, Skoda is expected to make a few changes that are expected to be revealed at the time of launch.
The Kodiaq BS4 model featured a large touchscreen infotainment display, wireless smartphone connectivity via Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, the brand's latest connected technology, and a fully digital instrument cluster with the brand's virtual cockpit design.
Additionally, the SUV came packed with other features such as a panoramic sunroof, power-operated front seats, dual-zone climate control, wireless smartphone charger, voice assistance, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls wrapped in leather and more. All of these features will be either carried forward or improved on the facelifted Kodiaq.
Staying true to Skoda's policy of offering their cars with the petrol engine, the Kodiaq will no longer be offered with the 2.0-litre diesel engine that was offered earlier on the SUV. Instead, it will be a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine unit that currently powers the Skoda Superb.
The TSI engine produces a maximum of 188bhp at 4200rpm and a peak torque of 320Nm at 1500rpm; paired with a seven-speed DSG gearbox. The power is sent to all wheels via a four-wheel-drive system.
In comparison, the now discontinued 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine produced 148bhp and 340Nm of torque — 30bhp less and 20Nm of torque more than the new engine.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch
The Skoda Kodiaq will re-enter the Indian market in the BS6 era in a new avatar. However, because of a facelift and still arriving as a CBU unit, the prices are expected to increase by Rs 1.5 lakh and could retail at around Rs 35 lakh, ex-showroom.
Once launched, the Skoda Kodiaq rivals the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner, the Mahindra Alturas G4 and the MG Gloster; among others in the Indian market.