- 18 min ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 1 hr ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- Finance Job Postings In Travel & Tourism Sector Sees 4 Percent Rise In December: Report
- News Republic Day 2022 Live Updates: President Kovind to address the nation at 7 pm
- Sports Australian Open: Nadal refutes Shapovalov's claims of special treatment
- Technology Redmi Note 11s India Pricing & Detailed Features Revealed Ahead Of Feb 9 Launch
- Movies Amazon Prime Video Drops The Teaser Of Danish Sait-Starrer One Cut Two Cut
- Lifestyle Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight, The Key For Good Health
- Education UCEED Answer Key 2022 Released At uceed.iitb.ac.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
The 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift has been unveiled. It comes with a few subtle updates to the exterior. Changes have also been made to the interior of the SUV. It is expected to be launched soon.
It is hard to believe that Skoda launched the Kodiaq in India almost 4 years ago, as it still looks fresh and contemporary. However, that didn't stop Skoda from updating their only seven-seater for 2021.
The update brings small revisions to the exterior styling elements, but overall makes a bigger impact on the exterior design and it is instantly recognisable as the updated version. However, spotting the updates one-by-one is difficult even for Skoda enthusiasts.
The most noticeable change comes in the form of the updated front-grille. It also gets a pair of slimmer headlights, and a new bonnet. The rear also sports a new integrated spoiler for improved aerodynamics, but the side profile remains largely unchanged.
The update also adds a choice of alloy wheels ranging from 17-inch to 20-inch. The larger 20-inch alloy wheels come with metallic black finish for the RS variant. However, we aren't sure if these 20-inch wheels will make it to the Indian market.
The change in the interior is far more subtle compared to the exterior and feels far more familiar. We do expect the perforated leather interiors to make it into the Indian-spec Kodiaq. The dashboard is dominated by a large 9.2-inch touch screen infotainment system and top-spec variants will get the 10.25-inch 'Virtual cockpit' as the instrument panel. There is also an uprated 10-speaker Canton music system with boot mounted subwoofer.
The 2021 Skoda Kodiaq gets a new 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine for the RS variant that produces 245bhp, making it 5bhp more powerful and 60 kgs lighter than the previous 2.0-litre diesel engine it is replacing.
Internationally, the Skoda Kodiaq is powered by a 1.5-litre TSI engine that produces 150bhp and a 2.0-litre TSI engine with 190bhp. We expect the standard variant that will be launched in India to be powered by the more powerful 190bhp version. All engine options are expected to come with the tried-and-tested 7-speed DSG-gearbox as standard.
Thoughts On Updated 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Being Revealed
The new updated Skoda Kodiaq will be the brand's third launch in India this year and will further strengthen the brand's image. The new Skoda Kodiaq may not bring game-changing updates for 2021, but Skoda has strengthened the positive qualities in Kodiaq with stronger engines and better interiors.