- 17 min ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 6 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 10 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Sunny Movie Review: Jayasurya's Powerful Performance Saves This Brave Attempt
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
The 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift has been unveiled. It comes with a few subtle updates to the exterior. Changes have also been made to the interior of the SUV. It is expected to be launched soon.
It is hard to believe that Skoda launched the Kodiaq in India almost 4 years ago, as it still looks fresh and contemporary. However, that didn't stop Skoda from updating their only seven-seater for 2021.
The update brings small revisions to the exterior styling elements, but overall makes a bigger impact on the exterior design and it is instantly recognisable as the updated version. However, spotting the updates one-by-one is difficult even for Skoda enthusiasts.
The most noticeable change comes in the form of the updated front-grille. It also gets a pair of slimmer headlights, and a new bonnet. The rear also sports a new integrated spoiler for improved aerodynamics, but the side profile remains largely unchanged.
The update also adds a choice of alloy wheels ranging from 17-inch to 20-inch. The larger 20-inch alloy wheels come with metallic black finish for the RS variant. However, we aren't sure if these 20-inch wheels will make it to the Indian market.
The change in the interior is far more subtle compared to the exterior and feels far more familiar. We do expect the perforated leather interiors to make it into the Indian-spec Kodiaq. The dashboard is dominated by a large 9.2-inch touch screen infotainment system and top-spec variants will get the 10.25-inch ‘Virtual cockpit' as the instrument panel. There is also an uprated 10-speaker Canton music system with boot mounted subwoofer.
The 2021 Skoda Kodiaq gets a new 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine for the RS variant that produces 245bhp, making it 5bhp more powerful and 60 kgs lighter than the previous 2.0-litre diesel engine it is replacing.
Internationally, the Skoda Kodiaq is powered by a 1.5-litre TSI engine that produces 150bhp and a 2.0-litre TSI engine with 190bhp. We expect the standard variant that will be launched in India to be powered by the more powerful 190bhp version. All engine options are expected to come with the tried-and-tested 7-speed DSG-gearbox as standard.
Thoughts On Updated 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Being Revealed
The new updated Skoda Kodiaq will be the brand's third launch in India this year and will further strengthen the brand's image. The new Skoda Kodiaq may not bring game-changing updates for 2021, but Skoda has strengthened the positive qualities in Kodiaq with stronger engines and better interiors.