- Movies Vidhi Pandya's Elder Brother Reveals Why He Didn't Want Her To Participate In Bigg Boss 15
- News Do such talks strengthen party? Congress leader to Kapil Sibal after CWC meeting
- Finance Top 5 Banks Offering Returns Up To 6.75% On 1 Year Fixed Deposits
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2021: India are genuine contenders, says Ganguly
- Travel Maharastra's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Technology Honor Band 6 Selling At Just Rs. 2,499 At Flipkart: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Sooryavanshi: All Set For Promotions, Katrina Kaif Looks Like A Dream In Her Floral Lehenga
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
Mercedes-Benz launches the 2021 S-Class in India at Rs 2.17 crore, ex-showroom (starting price). The new S-Class is available in a single fully-loaded variant with two engine options. Bookings for the luxury saloon can be made on the brand's website. Deliveries is said to begin next month.
Variants & Pricing
- S 450: Rs 2.17 crore
- S 400d diesel: Rs 2.19 crore
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The new S-Class is sold as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units. The company says more 150 bookings have been done already in india.
- Obsidian Black
- Onyx Black
- Nautic Blue
- Rubellite Red
- Mojave Silver
- High-tech Silver
- Emerald Green
- Selenite Grey
2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Updates
The new S-Class is the seventh-generation and feature's exterior design tweaks over the previous-generation sedan. According to Mercedes-Benz, the new exterior design makes the luxury saloon the most aerodynamic production car in the world with a drag coefficient value of 0.22Cd.
However, the new S-Class has grown in proportions with a longer wheelbase than the previous model.
- Length: 5289mm (increased by 34mm)
- Width: 2109mm (increased by 22mm)
- Height: 1503mm (increased by 12mm)
- Wheelbase: 3216mm (increased by 51mm)
- Ground Clearance: 130mm
- Boot Space: 550L
Exterior Design & Features
The sedan now features sleek-looking headlamps a chrome-finished grille with three vertical bars and resigned LED taillamps. The strong shoulder line and the hood lines give the sedan an appealing stance.
Mercedes-Benz also offers a new digital light technology for the headlamps. The headlamps can now project images of the oncoming traffic and alert the driver.
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Radar module on the grille
- Flush door handles
- Chrome inserts on the front & rear bumpers
- Chrome finished dual exhaust tips
Interior Features & Technology
The entire dashboard layout is changed for the new model year. The sedan features a 12.8-inch OLED touchscreen infotainment system placed in the centre of the dashboard.
The Infotainment features the brand's second-generation MBUX AI-assisted voice recognition technology. Most of the features on the S-Class can be controlled by using voice commands.
Further enhancing the connected technology is the 'Mercedes Me'. This feature allows the user to keep the car connected to their smartphone at all times. This particular feature also allows the owner to control various features of their home as well using MBUX voice assistant.
Also, a 12.3-inch display for the instrument cluster is available featuring 3D technology. Rear passenger(s) get a 7.0-inch tablet integrated into the rear-seat armrest and two optional 10-inch screens for rear-seat entertainment.
Rear passengers can use the tablet to control a plethora of features. This includes
- Power-operated seats
- Panoramic sunroof
- Infotainment system
- Ambient lighting
- 4D Burmester premium audio
- Ventilated & Massaging seats (front and rear)
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Driver profile
- Foldable table for rear passenger
- Four-zone climate control
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted controls
- Gear-lever on the steering column
Engine & Transmission
The new S-Class is offered in petrol and diesel engine option paired to a 9-speed automatic gearbox. The power is sent to all four wheels via 4MATIC as standard.
S 450 3.0-litre petrol engine
- Max power: 362bhp @ 6,100rpm
- Peak torque: 500Nm @ 4,500rpm
- Acceleration (0 to 100kmph): 5.1 seconds
- Top speed: 250kmph
S 400d 3.0-litre diesel engine
- Max power: 326bhp @ 4,200rpm
- Peak torque: 700Nm @ 3,200rpm
- Acceleration (0 to 100kmph): 5.40 seconds
- Top speed: 250kmph
The luxury saloon features rear-wheel steering for ease of manoeuvrability with a turning circle under 10.8 meters. The S-Class continues to feature air-suspension technology, which is now integrated into the safety features of the car.
The new S-Class is brimming with safety features to keep the occupants safe at all times. The new air suspension can now detect a side collision and raise the ride-height to protect the occupants. It also features the world's first front airbag for rear passengers.
The luxury saloon also features Level 3 Automonus Driver Assistance with lane-keep assist, radar-guided cruise control and more.
- Pre Safe with Impulse Side
- Side collision monitoring
- Blind-spot monitoring with ambient light notification
- Head-Up Display with augmented navigation
- Emergency brake assist
- Traction control
- 360-degree parking camera
- 10 Airbags
The S-Class continues to feature a plethora of accessories offered by the brand. This includes the famous Chauffeur package which lets the rear passenger control the front co-passenger seat.
Warranty & Service Package
- Service package starts at Rs 82,900 for 2 years
- 3-year standard warranty
- 10-year extended warranty
Thoughts About 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Launched In India
Mercedes-Benz has launched the flagship 2021 S-Class in India and the seventh generation of the iconic luxury-sedan features world-class technology and equipment. The new S-Class is a symbol of opulence and continues to be one. The S-Class rivals the likes of the BMW 7-Series and the Audi A8 L.